Chapter 50

http://s1118.photobucket.com/albums/k618/xXMade2LoveXx/?action=view&current=1e3fe5c7.pbw

**Alex’s POV**

“Merry Christmas!”

“I cannot wait for the day that you two don’t wake me up,” Angelina complains as Scarlett and Carma jump from bed to bed.

“Oh, come on!” Scarlett laughs, “Christmas isn’t a time for sleep!”

She lands on her own bed and tears into her presents. I stretch and reach down to my pile of presents.

“I’m going to wake the boys up,” Scarlett announces, spring to her feet halfway through opening her first present.

“Me too,” I call, dropping my box from my grandmother. We run downstairs and then up into the boys’ dormitory.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” Scarlett yells, jumping on George. He groans but pulls her into a tight hug. I lean over Fred and give him a kiss.

“I like your method of waking me up more than hers,” he says sleepily. Scarlett laughs from where she’s sitting on George’s stomach.

“Come on, boys, up time!” she says.

“Scarlett, get out,” Henry groans.

“Henry, it’s Christmas!” Scarlett yells, bouncing onto his bed, “get up!”

“George, if you don’t get your girlfriend out of here right now-!”

George groans and gets out of bed.

“Come on,” he says, gathering his presents, “what’s gotten you all excited?”

“Are you coming?” I ask Fred. He nods wrapping his dressing gown around his shoulders and picking up his presents. We walk downstairs hand in hand to find all the other girls lying around in the middle of crumbled wrapping paper. Scarlett and George are sitting in front of the fire, opening theirs.

“I’ll be right back,” I tell Fred, dashing upstairs to get my presents.

Back in the common room I sit down near the fire with the others and start opening presents.

“I am so excited for the ball tonight,” Angelina says, “I can’t wait to get all dressed up.”

“Says you,” I sigh, “my grandmother got me the highest heels in the world. It’s like walking on stilts!”

“My mother wouldn’t let me get heels,” Angelina sighs, “she said they ruin your posture.”

“Lucky you, I’d kill to have flats,” I tell her.

“Maybe we can swap,” Angelina suggests.

“My shoes are the same colour as my dress,” I tell her, “they probably wouldn’t match yours.”

“Let’s see,” she says eagerly, jumping up, “come on!”

I grab my presents and run upstairs with Angelina. The other girls follow, chattering excitedly.

“I can’t believe I haven’t seen any of your dresses,” Felicity says, “everyone get them out!”

I open my trunk and pick up the parcel that holds my dress. I unwrap it carefully and shake the dress out.

“I like that colour,” Angelina says, “it’ll go great with your skin.”

“It looks better on,” I say, “when I first saw it I thought it was the ugliest thing ever.”