Chapter 95

**Alex's POV**

That evening after playing hide and seek Carma and I are sitting in front of the fire while the others are playing a board game on the lounge. I'm searching through my back pack that Mr Weasley retrieved from the Burrow for me, looking for a hair tie. I feel one right at the bottom and shove my arm in, closing my fingers around it.

"Ah!" I cry, sharply pulling my hand out.

"What is it?" Carma asks, glancing up from her book.

"Something hot," I mutter, peering into the bag. Carefully I probe the bottom again and feel the heat radiating. I close my fingers around it and pull it out.

"What's that?" Scarlett asks. I open my hand and look at the galleon. That doesn't make sense. Why is it ho-

"Harry!" I cry, leaping to my feet.

"What?"

"Where?"

"No, look!" I yell, excitedly, "it's the galleon from the DA. It's hot, it's got today's date! Harry's calling us back to Hogwarts!"

They stare at me in silence for a moment, the George scrambles to his feet.

"MUM! DAD!" he yells, running out.

"We've got to prepare ourselves," Scarlett says, "come on!"

We race upstairs and dress hurriedly, throwing on whatever we can find. We meet in the kitchen where Mr and Mrs Weasley are sending messages to the Order.

"We'll disapparate to Hogsmeade," Mrs Weasley says, "how we'll get into the castle, heaven only knows. . ."

"We'll find a way," Fred says, "infact, I know at least two."

"Well come on!" I exclaim impatiently, "let's GO!"

We hurry outside and disapparate as one. We appear just outside Hogsmeade and duck down into the grass. Everything is still and cold.

"Dementors," Scarlett breathes next to me. I shiver and push the thought away.

"We need to get to Honeydukes," Fred whispers, "if we go in-"

"Wait," I hush him. I've seen a boy crouching behind a house not too far away. I can't see his face in the darkness, but something seems very familiar about him. From the way he's hiding, I guess he's not a Death Eater.

"Wait here," I instruct the others. Glancing around I dart over to the house across from him. He sees me and his eyes widen.

It's Jace.

He holds his hands up to say 'Stay there!' and then holds out a large cat. He puts it on the ground and then produces a mouse.

Where he's been keeping them, I don't want to know.

He puts the mouse down and it darts off, the cat in hot pursuit. They run past two houses and then the air is filled with a loud screaming. Jace dashes over to stand beside me. The noise dies down and I hear someone swearing a few feet away.

"Damn cats!"

There's a flash of green light and Jace sigh sadly.

"We can take it off now," another voice says, "now the Dark Lord is coming."

I feel chills run all over my body. I glance at Jace and see my fear reflected in his pale face.

"It should be safe now," he breathes. I beckon to the others who creep over. Mrs Weasley's eyes are wide.

"So, you got the message too?" Jace asks, squatting next to me. I nod.

"Good," he says, "I wasn't sure if anyone would."