Chapter 82

**Scarlett's POV**

We stand on the platform waiting for the Hogwarts Express. George's hand is warm in mine. I know we're all worried that Ginny won't step off the train.

"There should have been members of the Order on the train," I mutter for the millionth time. Alex puts a hand on my arm and hushes me. Mr and Mrs Weasley are standing in front of us, their arms around each other, trembling. The train is late. Far too late to just be delayed, and besides, it had never been delayed before. I blow out a breath and see it appear in the air in front of me, slowly melting away. Alex whispers something to Fred who shakes his head, whispering back. Alex ducks her head and Fred puts his arms around her shoulders. I glance at George, but he appears not to have noticed. He's staring determinedly down the track. I sigh, my breath swirling in with the snow. There are a few other families standing around, all in small groups, gathered tightly. I can see a few people with their wands out.

We've been waiting for about three hours for the train. It's literally freezing out here, but no body seems to dare to us magic to light or heat the area, so we're standing in semi-darkness, hoping that the train comes. I know that we can't leave here without knowing what happened. I just wish I could sit down and get warm.

"What if it doesn't come?" I breathe to George. He shakes his head slightly. I look down at my watch.

"George-"

"It will come," he breathes, his lips barely moving. I bite my lip. I'm concerned for Ginny, but I don't want to be waiting here. I want to go and look for her. I don't know how Alex is waiting so calmly. I make up my mind to go and look for the train when I hear Alex gasp. I look up and see a light shining down the track. The sound of the train reaches me and my heartrate speeds up. I take a half step forward as the the train appears. All of the lights are off. My stomach churns as we move closer to the edge of the platform. I'm searching the windows, but I don't see Ginny, just pale, scared faces peering anxiously out.

The train stops and the doors fly open. Students pour out into the arms of their families. The air is full of cries, people searching, finding, crying. Mrs Weasley is calling to Ginny but there's no reply. Eventually Ginny tumbles off the train into our arms.

"They took Luna!" she cries, "Mum, they took Luna!"

***

Ginny stares down into her cup of tea, looking pale. Mr Weasley has gone to tell the other members of the Order what has happened.

"Are you sure no one else was taken?" I ask again. Ginny nods numbly. I glance at George who shrugs.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" he says, taking Ginny's arm softly, "come on."

He takes her upstairs and I turn to Fred and Alex.

"I TOLD you someone should have been on the train!" I exclaim.

"Well, unless you have a timeturner and want to go back and change all this, stop complaining," Alex snaps, "it's done."

She gets up and walks out into the garden.

"What's eating her?" I ask Fred. He rubs his eyes.

"I think we're all just tired and on edge," he sighs, "we should all go to bed and have a sleep. There's not much we can do tonight."

He calls Alex in from the garden and they go upstairs together. I clear the table and wash the dishes. George comes down and dries them with me.

"How's Ginny?" I ask.

"She crashed," he says, "I'm going to hit the sack too. Coming?"

"Yep."

I wake up the next morning feel slightly sick. Alex's bed is empty, so I go straight downstairs. Alex, Ginny and George are talking with Mr Weasley who looks like he didn't get any sleep at all. I sit down with them.

"We're doing everything we can," Mr Weasley says, "but her father won't talk to us and we have no idea where they would be keeping her."

"Do you think they killed her?" Ginny asks, her voice strained. Mr Weasley shakes his head.

"If they're keeping her to stop her father from printing, they'll have to keep her alive," he says.

"We'll find her," Alex says, "don't you worry."

______________________________________________________________________

Sorry about the filler chapter, internet issues and no inspiration. Next one will be better, I promise!!