Chapter 34

“He’s going to be the death of me,” George grumbles as we walk out of the Quidditch pitch. I nod in agreement, trying not to put too much pressure on my left foot that got hit by a bludger.

“We’d better win this year,” Fred adds, giving me a hand up the stairs.

“We will,” I vow, “even if I have to murder the other teams. We will win.”

“Whoa, someone’s getting into the Wood spirit,” Fred teases. I pretend to twitch my eye at him, making him laugh.

“Come on,” he chuckles, “let’s go have dinner.”

We walk into the Great Hall just as dinner is starting. Scarlett is sitting at the Gryffindor table deep in conversation with Bryce.

“Hey you lot,” she says, looking around as we sit down, “how’d it go?”

“I’ll see you later, Scarlett,” Bryce says, touching her cheek softly as he stands up.

“See you.”

“I think I’ll go and have a shower,” I say as Fred and George start to eat, “I smell so bad.”

“I’ll come with,” Scarlett says, getting up, “I need to wash my hair.”

“Prettying up for Bryce, are you?” George teases. Scarlett laughs.

“Nah, for you, Georgie-oh,” she says ruffling his hair.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Scarlett asks as we walk upstairs. I shake my head.

“I will be after a shower,” I tell her, “but I’m never hungry right after exercise.”

“Unlike those boys,” she laughs, “they eat constantly.”

“Like my mum says, ‘they’re growing boys. They need their sustenance’,” I chuckle.

“Fatties,” Scarlett grins.

“Stuff this,” Lauretta groans, “I am so not in a potions mood right now.”

“That time of the month?” I ask sympathetically. She nods, looking miserable.

“My back is killing me,” she says, leaning against the wall.

“Maybe you should go see Madame Pomfrey,” I suggest, “she might be able to give you something for it.”

“Will you come?”

I glance at the door to the dungeons, thinking of what Snape will say.