Chapter 88

**Alex's POV**

I'm so cold I can barely breathe. The breaths I manage to draw are shallow and ragged. My wand snapped when I landed in the snow, making it completely useless. The peices are tucked in my top, close to my heart. I've been walking for two days, trying to get out of the snow, but everything I think it's thinning out, it gets heavier. I lean against a tree and slide down it, huddling at the base, my arms wrapped around me, trying in vain to keep warm. I close my eyes and try not to shiver, knowing it's burning off precious energy. I can hear a sound in the distance that I can't quite place. It makes me think of Summer time, warm sun, fish and chips. My breathing evens slightly as I lose myself in memories. . .

**Scarlett's POV**

Aunt Muriel's house looks just like I imagined it would. Floral patterns and doilies everywhere. It even smells of mothballs and some kind of perfume like I thought it would. AND she has an evil, ancient-looking cat! It's scary how well I imagined this. I look around the bedroom designated to me and sigh. There are three beds: One for me, one for Carma - who should be arriving soon - and one for Alex. I wonder if it will stay empty.

I shake my head to clear away those dark thoughts. I've been trying to stay positive for Fred, but I can't help but worry. . .

"Stop," I whisper to myself, "just stop."

I sit down on the bed furthest from the door. It's got the least-ugly bed spread and is near the window. George knocks on the door.

"Mmm?"

He walks over and leans on the wall, looking at me.

"How's Fred?" I ask. George shakes his head, his eyes dark with worry. I tuck my knees up under my chin, tears prickling the back of my eyes. George looks out the window.

"Can't we send word that it's safe?" I ask, "we told Alex we would."

George shakes his head.

"She'd go back to the Burrow, and it's not safe," he sighs, running his hand through his hair, "and we can't send word to come here because of the charm."

The doorbell chimes from downstairs and I shudder. It's a sweet little tune that creeps me out beyond belief.

"Even the doorbell at Grimauld Place was better than that," I mutter. I hear someone coming up the stairs and assume it's Aunt Muriel coming to give George and I her talk on not being alone together until we're married so we don't give people 'the wrong idea'. George looks up and pushes off the wall, his face lighting up in welcome. I turn around and my heart flies into my mouth.

**Alex's POV**

I drift in and out of sleep. Is it sleep? Or am I fading into death? Right now I don't mind, either way. The forest floor is probably rough, but I'm so numb that it could be thorn or feathers and I couldn't tell the difference. I become dimly away that it's night time and the sound has grown louder. I like the sound. The rushing build up followed by a crash and more rushing.

Ocean.

The word slips into the corners of my mind and I grasp at it. The sound of the ocean. Well, that explains the memories. With that no longer troubling me I happily fade into unconciousness. Sadly, I'm woken from it by a shout and footsteps running towards me. I feel my heart tighten and the desperate need to run, to get away, but I can't move. I hear a vaguely familiar voice talking to me, but I have no idea what they're saying. I feel something being wrapped around me and then I'm rocking slightly from side to side, being carried I think. The sound of the ocean is louder here. There's light and people talking. SOmeone shouts out, sounding surprised. I wonder why. I'm put down and warmth rushes over me. I hear the sounds of a fire being stoked and try to open my eyes. Something is placed over me and I succumb to the warmth, letting myself fade away...
___________________________________________________________________________

Annnnnnnnnnd that's the chapter. What do you think? I know it was short, but I'll update again tomorrow. Probably.
Anyway, vote, comment, let me know what you think :)