Epilogue

Check out my other book(:

________________________________________

(Superbowl Day: February 3)

------

"Ma-Ma." Piper's eyebrows furrowed together in determination as she sat in front of her twins. They paid more attention to the banana goodness in the Gerber jar than what she was saying. She dipped the small baby spoon back into the mush and fed the awaiting mouths.

"M-Griibbblleeee" Noah mumbled happily as Piper fed him another scoop of the Gerber food. Noel squealed, thinking that Piper was neglecting him, but she soon quieted him also with a scoop too.

"Say Mama." Piper encouraged her twins to say, it was time for them to talk and she wanted the joy of them saying her name first. They said everything else.

It was a game her and Malachi begin to play, who could get the twins to say their names first. But neither succeeded. It was a playful game, that all parents played.

She looked at her babies and smiled, they were eight months now.Their curly hair bounced as they bobbed happily, and looked up to their mother. Noel reached out with his drool covered hand and placed it on Piper's cheek leaving a trace of spit and food. Piper giggled and happily wiped her cheek.

"Mmm-Mama." Piper said again, smiling.

Noah's face twisted in concentration as his lips shaped to produce a sound.

"Mmmm." Noah started.

Piper's eyebrows shot up and she put the Gerber food down.
"Mmma-ma" She urged him on.

"Mmmm." Noah continued.

"Da-da!" Noel screamed in recognition when his eyes laid on his daddy on the kitchen TV. Shocked, Piper looked over her shoulder at the TV. Sure enough, Malachi was on the TV. He was being interviewed before their Superbowl game. Piper pouted and hung her head in defeat.

"Da-Da!" Noel chimed in, when he saw Malachi's face also.

Soon, the twins were chanting Da-Da sweetly, that it was too adorable to pass up. Piper put her sore-loser ways aside and quickly grabbed her blackberry and pressed record.

She turned the camera on herself and spoke to it, "Mally Mal, listen to this.. you won." She smiled and turned the phone to the twins who were still chanting Da-da over and over. After a few seconds she stopped the video and sent it to Malachi with a tag that read said 'Good Luck'.

She put her phone down and picked up her twins to get the reay for the game.

_____________________________________

The locker room was loud and rowdy. The football player's were pumped up for the game. The Chargers had made it this far with a perfect season, one more game for the win wouldn't hurt. With their starting team, Malachi was sure they had this game in their hands. The Cowboys didn't know what was coming.

Malachi was just about to close his locker when he heard his phone buzz. Puzzled, he unlocked his phone and saw that it was a message from Piper. The subject read 'Good Luck". Smiling, he opened the message.

Piper's face opened on his screen she smiled and spoke," Mally Mal, listen to this... you won." The video turned to Noah and Noel, whose faces were covered in drool and bananas, chanting Da-Da over and over. Malachi smiled and watched the fifteen second video again, not getting enough of it.

"Whatcha smiling about Mitchell?" Adam asked Malachi curiously.

Malachi looked up,flashed a toothy grin, and showed Adam the video. Adam watched the video amused, after it was over he spoke.