Helping Others.

_____________________________

"Three more days." Malachi said into the phone.

"Yeah, three more days." I breathed out. It was hard to believe that I made it this long without flying to California to be with him. I felt accomplished somewhat.

"What are you doing today?" He answered.

"I'm going to Lafayette."

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm visiting the parents, both sets of them." I pulled on some pants.

"Why?" He repeated. 

"How do you think they're gonna feel, especially Jackie, when they find out, I didn't see them, before I left?"

"They'll live."

"You won't. She's probably kill you when she finds out you already left."

"Oh shit. Tell her that I really needed to be in San Diego, it was a life and death situation! And err that it was unexpectedly." He lied.

"Malachi, you're such a horrible liar." I laughed.

"Seriously," He begged,"Cover for me."

"I'm not gonna lie to Jackie." I answered.

"Do it for me!" He whined.

"Oh jeez, Malachi. I'll think about it."

"Yes!" I heard him say.

"Anyways, what are you doing today?"

"Relaxing, probably staying in the hotel." He sounded bored.

"Why won't you go out? Like a club or something with the teammates?" I felt like he was suffering.

"I dunno." 

"C'mon Mal, do it for me." 

"Err."

"I'll cover for you with Jackie if you go clubbing!" I really wanted him to get out and have fun, I felt as if we were teenagers covering for each other.

"Damn, I never had a girlfriend that wanted me to go out so bad!" He laughed.

"Yea, I'm serious. Just don't cheat." I warned.

"C'mon Pip, you know me better than that. I thought you trusted-."

"Oh I do, its the groupies and girls I don't trust."