Love knows no color

"Whats this meeting for?" Mrs.Lovelace asked sitting next to her husband. My father and Jackie were sitting on a love seat across from them. Piper came and stood by me.

"Well we wanted all of you together for something very important that we wanted to tell you guys." I explained.

"Well what is it?" Dad looked up.

"I just-" I began.

"We're pregnant!" Piper blurted then looked down.

The room was silent so Piper took this as an opportunity to talk about our plans.

"We're gonna still go to different colleges and-and I'll find a college that'll accept a pregnant teen, I dont want Malachi to ruin his future. I-I'm sorry that we're putting y'all through this, but its nothing we could do now, the baby's gonna be here and nothings gonna change it. We're still considering adoption-."

"No we're not-" I said quickly.

"To hell you are! Piper Lovelace! You are keeping that baby. I'm so disappointed in you, the both of you, I thought you guys were being safe! I guess not, but you thought you were grown enough to lay down to have the baby, you're gonna step up and take care of the baby!" Piper's mother growled.

"I agree." Dad looked hella disapointed.

"YOU KNEW THEY WERE HAVING SEX?!" Piper's dad looked hysterical.

"Oh shut up Charles, we were having sex at that age, we were just more careful." She eyed us at the last part.

Piper put her head down.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer, a tear slid down her face.

"Don't cry now, Piper I'm very disappointed in you, and you too Malachi. But you're right the baby is here now, and their is nothing we could do to stop that." Piper's mom continued.

"C'mon lets pray for this situation." she motioned for us to get in a circle. We began linking hands, Piper hesitantly grabbed her dad's.

"Lord please give us the strengh to take care of this baby that was born out of wedlock, let us love this baby unconditionally no matter what condition it was born in. Lord we know that any baby, no matter the circumstance, is a gift and that we shouldn't punish the child over the parents mistakes. God let this tribulation bring both of the families together. In your name we pray, Amen"

"Amen."

******************************************************

"How'd you family take it?" Lorelai sat down on the edge of the bed. The girls were here three days later.

I swallowed that big horse pill that they called 'prenatal vitamins' and shivered," They took it better than I expected, matter-of-fact it seemed as if I'm the one who took it overboard. Besides my dad, he's still on the part that Malachi and I were having sex."

"I'm so glad, my mother would of beat the baby out of me."Keisha laughed.

"She probably would of, I guess she realized there really is nothing to do." I took a big gulp of water.

"So did you figure out what school you were going to?" Lorelai asked.

"Yah, Tulane accepted me."

"What?! But isn't Malachi going to Lsu?"

"I know, he's pissed about it too."

"Did you try to apply there?"

"Yah but once they found out about my little problem, no matter how good my gpa and act/sat were they rejected me. But when I go into labor, Malachi and I are going to meet in New Orleans, that's where the babies gonna be born, its gonna be born around late May early June."