Acting Civil

TWO WEEKS LATER(:

 --------------------------------------

"WHY THE FUCK NOT?!" She screamed.

Piper and I were ridiculed for holding hands at the nearby skating.rink. We received dirty looks from old couples left and right. One even had the nerve to come up and tell us how we were creating genocide by mixing races.

Piper ran out to the hallway crying.

"MALACHI, PLEASE TELL ME WHY SOCIETY IS MORE COMFORTABLE SEEING PEOPLE HOLDING GUNS THEN INTERRACIAL COUPLES HOLDING HANDS?!"

"Its okay baby."I cooed in her ear wrapping my arms around her.

"No Malachi... its not okay, its not okay,"she shook from crying into my chest.

I picked her up bridal style and walked to the car. I put her in the front seat and buckled her up before closing the door. I then walked back into the skating rink.

"I'm probably going to hell for this." I thought as I scanned the rink for the old couple. Bingo! I walked up to the old couple who were sitting at a bench.

"You should be damned shame of yourself," the old lady stared at me with disgust." We don't need to be mixed with other races!"

"Who the fuck are you talking to lady, you're obviously fucking senile! How the hell do you have the audacity to play fucking cupid?" I began. "This isn't the forty's are whatever the hell you were born in! Its the 21st century for fuck sake!!"

"Young man where the hell is your respect for you elders?!" The old man stood up.

"To get respect you got to earn it fucking spick! I don't see any elders here, I see a couple of racist sons of a bitches who like to fuck with innocent people! I don't respect racist people. FUCK OUTTA HERE!" I turned and walked back to the car.

Piper was sleep with tears stains on her cheeks. I kissed her forehead and drove to my house. I would of brought her home but I felt like she needed me the most right now. Plus I didn't want to explain to her father why his only daughter was crying.

I watched my knuckles turn white gripping the steering wheel as I thought about that couple. What the fuck is wrong with some people, I swear they didn't know how ignorant they sounded when they opened their mouths.

"Malachi I'm sorry for acting that way, I-I usually wouldn't of let that couple get under my skin, but all of these emotions bottled up could make a girl go insane." She kinda chuckled but a hurt looked crossed her face as she stared at me.

"Piper Lovelace! Don't apologize, it's not your fault. It's neither of our faults that there's people that ignorant in the world."

"I love you Malachi Mitchell," she sat up in her seat.

"And don't you forget it!" I laughed pulling into my driveway.

*************************************

"Hey Ms.Jackie!" I smiled as she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Piper! I swear you get prettier and prettier everyday!" She smiled her crows feet crinkled.

"She's lying."Malachi whispered. I slapped him on the back.

"Hi Malachi." She smiled warmly at him.

"Hey Jackie." He answered nonchalantly.

"Where's Mr. Mitchell?" I asked breaking the ice looking around.

"He went to go pick up the pizza hon." She sat down on the couch.

I nodded and sat down next to her. I motioned for Malachi to come sit between us.Reluctantly, he did. This should be fun.

 "Oh pooeeyy," I exclaimed," I have to pee." I got up and went to the bathroom and listened through the door.

***********************************************

"Your girlfriend's a smart cookie." Jackie said.

"Look just because you stay here doesn't mean I'll start calling you mother!" I spat.

A shocked look crossed Jackie's face," That was harsh boy."

"Just thought you should know."

"Malachi. I'm not asking to become your mother, there is no woman alive that can take your mothers place. I would just like for us to be civil to one another, it would really mean a lot to your father, if we weren't at each others neck from time to time."

"Shit-I mean shoot, I'm sorry for lashing out to you like that, but I'm really happy my dad found someone like you. I guess we could act civil with one another, but could you really tone it down with the sex noises and bed creaking? It makes me uncomfortable to know that my dad still does that."

She blushed,"Yah, we'll tune it down, but you and Pip could quiet down too-"

"Hey y'all!" Dad came in juggling pizza, wings and soda.

"Hey dad," I jumped up to help him.

"Where's Piper?"

"Right here!" Piper came from the hallway. She planned this the whole time?

"Good, let's eat!"

*****************************************

I closed my room door behind Piper.

"So you and Ms.Jackie are going to be civil towards each other?" She acted nonchalant.

"Oh please you knew!, but yea we will try. Hey?! Did you know that she knew that we have sex?"

"Foreal?!" Piper covered her face," My mom knows too."

"WHAT?!?!" I exclaimed," HOW DID SH-? DID SHE TELL YOUR DAD?"

"Hmm I dunno," She looked calm," its just something a mother knows I guess. She just flat out asked me one day. I couldn't lie to her! But I don't think she told dad yet."

"HE'S GONNA KILL ME!" I grabbed at my hair. She laughed.

"No he won't." She reassured me.

"YEA, HE WILL!" I freaked," WAIT TILL YOUR DAD FINDS OUT I'M KNOCKING BOOTS WITH HIS BABY GIRL!!!!"