Chapter 2: Punishment

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, TETSUMI!” The king yelled furiously as if he could kill someone that moment.

“But father, Sei has no intention of harming this kingdom!” She exclaimed, knowing her real purpose of being in front of her father, not to be punished of course, but rather to defend her dearest friend.

“Do you have any idea, what kind of monster  you released? He could end both heaven and the human world!” His father explained as her daughter stood mighty in front of him.

“Could you even prove it? Seiji didn’t do anything for you to say that! In fact he had always want to be a part of this kingdom! He was seeking for acceptance which you couldn’t even give!” The crowd that was gathering around them was seeking for the truth as well. Who really was the black angel, which the king had kept from their sight.

“Who would give acceptance to a monster like him?” His father questioned to her daughter who doesn’t seem to accept any of his explaination.

“If he is a monster he could have killed me when I’m along with him!” She uttered as loud as she could.

“Tetsumi… that guy is different!”

“Why? Am I not different?” Her soft voice rang to her father’s ears as tears slowly escape from her crystal blue eyes.

“You are not different, Tetsumi.” The King’s voice calmed down as he said those words.

“If so how could you explain this?” She spread her wings as wide as it can, it glows as the light of the sun as well. Slowly her snow white wings change its color, it was visible from everyone’s eyes that at the tip of her wing were colored sky blue while the others were just plain white.

“Princess, haven’t you heard the might yet? At that might an angel will be born to change both our world and the human world, of course that angel is you.” The king’s adviser broke the silence trying to explain to the princess who is in front of him, he is beside the king after all.

“Don’t lie to me! That angel is Sei!” Everyone in the hearing room was sent into silence while the bluenette remains unshaken.

“Seiji the black angel, the monster you are saying is the angel who would save or destroy this kingdom! Because he’s a half devil it’s natural that he has two fates! I know him, he became my friend for a decade and I know he’ll chose the road to save this kingdom from the destruction it is currently suffering!” She explained aloud.

“Father please listen to me… Sei will never do such thing, h---“ She was cut off as she notice her father glaring at her furiously. Since she understand her father quite well she simply shut her mouth.

“If my explanation can’t be accepted, so why do I have to waste time…” She uttered silently.

Tetsumi you know what this means right?” The king lowered his head as he bit his lips.

“A punishment? Let it be then…” The princess replied with no fear. She kneeled down with her left knee as she place her hand in her chest the bluenette slightly bowed down before shifting her gaze to her father. “I’ll be willing to feel pain in the sin I have committed... Tsk... if it is really a sin.”

Where is justice?

“Then maybe you wouldn’t mind if I take your voice.” Tetsumi immediately reacted hearing this, she stood up immediately and stared at her father furiously.

“What? I thought you are willing to accept any punishment?” The King uttered.

“The punishment is supposed to be physical pain, that is not considered be that kind of way!” She protested.

“I’m the King! I could change the rules if I wish!”

“Shut up! You just became the King because of mother!” The king stood froze hearing this he was annoyed that his own daughter is doing this,

“After this hearing I want you to go to earth and bring back Akashi Seijuurou no matter what, if you bring him back here I’ll return your voice…” Tetsumi’s orbs widen as much as she wanted to see the red head again, however he couldn’t agree if Akashi would be in great danger.

“After that mission of yours… you’ll marry Haizaki..”

“Father! You can’t do this to me! Who are you to do so! You are not even a pure royalty! You have no rights to do this!” The princess protested. “If only mother was here! He wouldn’t allow this to happen!”

“Shut up!” A strong light covered the whole court as time passes by it slowly vanished. It was from the king himself.

The bluenette grew weak as she notice not a single sound comes out from her mouth. She tried to utter a word but she couldn’t.

.

.

.

Tetsumi…” A child with a red haired uttered softly as his wings flap gracefully.

“Hmm? What is it Seiji-kun?” A lovely smile was painted on her face as she looks at her dear friend.

“When you sing, it always make me happy. Please treasure that voice of yours because it will always paint a smile on everybody’s face even the saddest person.” Even he was accused to be a monster, because of his smile he looks so cute and innocent at that moment, a thing that the bluenette would like to say.

“You think so? So then, I’ll treasure this for the rest of my life! And as long as I can sing, I will always do! Specially if it make you smile!” The red head blush as the buenette smiled.

"Nee! Seiji-kun! You're so cute!"

"Eh? I'm not!" He protested

“Do you swear? Do you.Promise?”

“Promise!” The bluenette said with a smile.

I’m sorry Sei… seems like I couldn’t sing for you anymore….