Chapter 25: Good Game

*This chapter is to get a tiny bit of insight on Honey and Zeke's personal life. Very important to the story.*

****

"You talk a good game when you could just be honest."-Kelly Rowland

Chapter[25]

Honey

"You ready to do this?" 

I sighed heavily as I looked around Mama's room. I placed a piece of stray hair behind my ear and placed a hand on my hip.  "As ready as I'll ever be." I said. I grabbed the nearest empty packing box as Tyrone reached for one himself.  It had been almost two months since she passed and since then I haven't even stepped into her room. Even walking past her room was hard, but Tyrone encouraged it was okay to miss her and grieve but that it was time to start the healing process. So, I felt it was time to box everything up with Tyrone's help to start. 

I threw on some sweats and tank top and found some empty boxes.

I went to the dresser and began picking up her things and placing them into the box. She had little trinkets scattered across the top like earrings, bracelets and what not. I came across a particular bracelet that I had bought her for Mother's Day that just passed. I remembered we were sitting down watching TV in her room. I was curled up beside her when she seen the commercial for the pretty diamond studded tennis bracelet and couldn't stop hinting at wanting it. 

I fought back the tears and clasped the bracelet around my wrist.

"What you got planned for tonight? I thought we could try this bar that just opened up on Battlefield. Grab a couple of friends you know?" Tyrone asked from the closet. I could hear him rummaging through the piles of clothes and shoe boxes on the bottom of it.

I shook my head slightly, twisting the bracelet to watch it sparkle around my wrist. "I can't. Made plans already."

"With who?" To be honest I was hesitant to even speak Zeke's name. I was still shocked myself that I had even agreed to going out with him tonight but he was persuasive. But I also knew saying his name would only draw up more questions from Tyrone and possibly even an attitude that I wasn't looking forward to dealing with. Was not trying to have another episode like we did that night at the bar. Maybe if I said a friend he would-,

"Zeke?" I was afraid to respond right away. I was expecting him to judge me from across the room but instead he found his way beside me turning me to face him. 

"What, did you think I was going to get mad if you told me you were seeing him again?" Not wanting to look him in the eyes, I continued down Mama's dresser aimlessly tossing things in the box.

" I dunno. Not mad but maybe judgmental. Last week I was just at your house talking like I hated him and still didn't know if I wanted to even be with him. Some people would call that being a fool."

"Naw, that's just you being a woman." He joked, but I wasn't laughing. I glared at him and he cleared his throat.

"Look. you're a grown ass woman. You can do what you want and how you please but you just gotta be smart. To be honest I think you overreacted but that's just me." 

Overreacted?

"You don't get it, that's all." What the hell did he know?

"Really? How I see it is that you got mad because he wasn't upfront with you about something that didn't even need to be brought up in the first place and if you think about it, you lied first. He asked you what did you do for a living and you failed to tell him you were a stripper. The whole base of the situation leads back to that question he asked."