Chapter 15: Intuition

"Don't look back,  and promise me you'll  run."-Miguel

chapter|15|

3 months later...

(Zeke)

"I hope you remember that it's just a date." Getting a glance at Nova through my mirror on my dresser, I wanted to badly tell this broad to fuck off and not ruin my night but I had to remember that I had to make her believe that I was still in it for the grand scheme.  To be completely straight,  I was tired of the tip toeing and lies around Honey and that was real talk.  She was a good person and didn't deserve the outcome of this when it was all over.

But like the good boy I was convincing Nova to be,  I had to comply with Nova's  demands and wishes.  she had me by the balls with threats of her own.  She knew something about me that could ruin my life if I didn't do what I asked. Besides money is the motive, right?

Just like Honey, she was puppet master.

I adjusted my tie and smiled at the handsome man in the mirror trying my best to ignore the she-devil behind me.  Just for tonight I went and got a fresh cut, my teeth whitened, and new threads for this date. This one was particularly special because it was Honey's and I six month anniversary. We felt like out of all the bad shit that had went down in the past couple of months,  us was something to celebrate.

Since her Mom's passing, I made it my personal mission to be in her corner. Though my Father had me run the business for the past three months since Honey wasn't emotionally ready too, somewhere along the way,  I seemed to not give two fucks about it anymore.  Every second, every thought, every action was about Honey and her well-being and I have never had these feelings towards a female.  Before,  it was foreign but damn did it feel good to be around her.  She even had a niggas palms sweating and shit.

But that wasn't how Nova saw it. She felt like the plan was half-way done. I got the business and all I needed was that it was legally signed over to me.  And of course she took this date as the perfect opportunity for me to convince Honey that she wasn't ready to run the business and that she should focus on healing herself.  Once her doubt sets in,  I go after my Father and her friend Tyrone.  She even mentioned another nigga named Teddy.

Honestly, I didn't even want to know.

"Yeah, I know." I replied back. 

"Just checking nigga. Just making sure that you remember that none of this is real." Nova slid off the bed to stand behind me as she looked at me through the mirror.  She ran her hand up my back and the touch was cold and unwelcoming. It made my body shiver but if course she took it differently. She smiled at me and the glint in her eyes sparkled but I wasn't catching what she was throwing.

At one point in time when I met her at the bunny ranch,  I was into her.  I thought she was the baddest little shorty there. Aside from my usual girl, Stephanie,  I just knew this girl could throw it down, back and around. But that wasn't what really caught my attention.  It was her hard exterior and fierce look that said, "Fuck with me and I fuck you're life up." She was a hard ass bitch and at the time, I felt that was what I needed,  so I kept it going back to the ranch.  Soon it was just about getting to known her and that was when she found out what I actually did for a living  She became fascinated with the idea and was tired of working to get her money.  She felt like it should fall into her lap.

That was when they monster was created and I was too wrapped up in my own greed that I didn't see what she was becoming.

At that brief moment of looking into her eyes through the mirror, I didn't see the curious,  enlightened eyes of a young woman.