Chapter 16: Blood is thicker than water

"What's love got to do with it?"-Tina Turner

(Big Poppa in MM)

Chapter|16|

There stood Big Poppa in an expensive suit with even a more expensive girl on his arm.  He looked like a million bucks with a confused look.

"Come again?" I managed to say.  I knew the world was small but not this damn small!

Big Poppa ignored me and continued to stare at Zeke.

"Speaking of working, why aren't you down at the club? I need you to make sure none of my shit gets stolen." I could tell Zeke was just as surprised as me to see his Dad here.  Zeke finally found his words.

"Yea," he took a moment to clear his throat. "I was taking my girlfriend-,"

"You two are dating?" Big Poppa looked between Zeke and I and rested his eyes on me with a meek smile. "Why didn't you tell me you are seeing my son?"

Now it was my turn to feel awkward. Shit, he really didn't have to put me on the spot like that.

"Well, I didn't know he was your son until now." I said truthfully.

I cut my eyes back to Zeke and he wouldn't even dare look at me. 

Figures.

Then it dawned on me what Big Poppa first said.

"Hold up." I said dropping my fork and waving my hands in the air. "Zeke is managing the club while I'm gone?"

They both spoke at the same time.

"Yea.. he didn't tell you?"

"He gave the club to you?"

I closed my eyes and tried my hardest not to stand up and slap the shit out of him but I could understand his surprise.  Until now,  he didn't even know I was a stripper.  Well, he still doesn't know but I had no choice but to say it now.

Fuck.

I responded to big Poppa first. "No.  It never came up."

"And yes, he gave me the club." I exhaled. "I was a stripper for four years before that."

"What!" Zeke ran his hands across the top of his hair and shook his head slightly as if to get rid of a bad headache. "Should have known when you told me to call you honey...."

My jaw then dropped. Now that was just disrespectful

"Fuck you Zeke!" I spat. "Besides, I knew you were going to react like this if I told you what I was doing for a living from the jump."

"Whatever,"

No he didn't...

"You still lied to me."

I sat back in my chair and took a good look At Zeke. I Could see the nosy eyes of the restaurant catching a few glances at us to see if we we're going to give them a show.  I knew I was seconds away from doing it too. He was really going to sit here looking butt hurt as if I was the only one in the wrong.

Ha, real estate my ass. He can kiss my ass with that bullshit.

"Don't play victim.  don't forget you failed to mention you managed my strip club.  I thought you did real estate." I felt a tug of victory when that fake hurt expression fell from his face.

"Look,  I am in real estate. I didn't start managing until four months ago." he said trying to justify himself. Even if that was right, he had no right to disrespect me just then.