chapter 17: opportunities and more opportunities

"Niggas talk more than bitches these days."- Drake

Chapter [17]

Nova

(a few days prior to the anniversary disaster)

"Nova, this better be important." 

It had to be at least one in the morning and I knew he was sleep. He believed the club and the ranch didn't need to be open on Sunday's.  He always told his employees to take the time to be thankful for what you had. You know,  pray and shit.

"It is, I promise. I just feel you should know what's going on behind your back." I replied faking concern. Right now I was grinning ear to ear. The sheer fact that my  plan was coming together and almost completed was bringing goosebumps to my arms. 

Big Poppa let out an irritated sigh and I so badly wanted to scream in irritation. Sometimes I hated talking with big Poppa. I felt like he thought I was like a fly on the wall, someone to ignore most of the time when it wasn't benefiting him. I balled my fists and counted to three reminding myself that he would be a thing in the past soon. 

Very soon despite how I felt.

"Your son plans to rob you blind and I know why." 

"My son?" He asked in disbelief.

I felt my grin grow ten times wider. If Zeke would have just stuck to the plan and not have caught feelings for that...bitch... he could have still gotten a piece of this. But I do not have time for any loose ends when it comes to what I want. Who can do  stood in my way was no longer became a problem and right more Zeke was a problem.  Tending to Cassy because her Moms "died". Fuck that.  she cries and I say good riddens.

"Yeah, Zeke."

For a few seconds it was nothing but silence and I was sure he had hung up the phone.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes,  I'm sure."

He sighed again and then I heard rustling realizing he was getting out of bed. 

"I'm getting dressed.  I'll be there in 15. You better not be bullshitting me Nova." Without another word the line ended and I mentally praised myself. One more step and everything this nigga owned would be mine! Shit, I deserved every bit of it.  How was it that Honey got to have the life?  Men falling at her feet,  making more money than me, she didn't need this club. And she damn sure didn't deserve Zeke.

Poor Zeke.

 Zeke and I could have done this together.  This could have been our plan. Just like how we talked about it the first time. I shook my head.  He allowed that thing between his legs to think for him and that, sadly,  was his downfall.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and yawned.  Fucking around with this plan,  I forced myself to stay up this late only to call him.  Drastic but necessary.

I walked into the connected bathroom, flipped on the light and assessed myself. I told myself that once I had the money,  I was gonna get a lift and probably go up a size,  you know all the works.

As I was running my fingers through my hair I heard knocking on my front door.  I quickly pulled on the bottom of my night gown and smoothed my hair. 

Shit, I could probably squeeze a couple hundred it off him tonight.

Sleep never looked so good until I say big Poppa posted on my doorway. He stood in the frame of my front Door with his hands stuffed in the front of his sweatpants.  His arm muscles flexed in his Amour muscle shirt as he pushed himself off the door frame to properly notice me, just now realizing I was wearing this little gown.

Suddenly I felt myself getting hot and horny and it never failed when it came to big Poppa, well, Chris. Seeing each other like this at all times of the night was normal for me.

I mean us. 

Which was why he didn't hesitate coming over because he knew what was up every time. It was unhealthy of us both. Maybe it was the knowledge of how much experience he had over me or the fact of how he radiated power.. either way it was a turn on and I couldn't help but bite my lip at the naughty thoughts.

He licked his lips. "Wussup babygirl?" his words dripped with seduction and I was slowly loosing focus of why he was here but him putting those thick sweet lips on my body was all I could think about.

I stepped aside ago he could walk in as he made a beeline for my couch propping his feet on my coffee table.  My hand itched to smack the hell out if his legs for doing that. He may have bought the damn thing but that didn't mean he had to disrespect it.

I pushed his feet down and scowled.  "Hey, you don't live here. Respect my shit."

He playfully saluted me. "Yes ma'am."

I rolled my eyes. He leaned into me placing his hands on my thighs and eyeing my neck. His warm breath tickled the crook of my neck.

"Don't act like I don't make you laugh Nova."  He said huskily.  His hands inched higher and my breathing shallowed.  I seriously couldn't think around this man.  I put my hands on his shoulders as a beginning feeble attempt to get him to stop but I only tightened when his lips touched my neck.

Fuck,  I couldn't think.

"Chris listen."

He nuzzled his nose into my neck.  "Mmm."

"Seriously."

His hand found the front of my underwear.

"Chris.."

"Say it again." His words were barely audible but I understood clear as day as he made tiny little circles around my love bud.

"Chris.." At that moment, the thought of family sabotage went right out the window. He groaned at the sound of his name and crushed his lips to mine.  The taste of mint and the feel of my body against him made me feel like puddy in his hands. He laid my back against the couch and for once I felt myself losing control.

And in this case, losing control was a good thing. What I had to tell him could wait.

***

"Yeah,  can I get a sausage biscuit with a small orange juice?"

"Will that be all?"

"Yeah."

"Three twenty-nine."

I dug into my jean pants and pulled out a five dollar bill and receiving my change.  As always, I woke up satisfied and alone.  He left sometime this morning and I, for the first time, was disappointed.  A part of me wished that he could stay but we weren't like that and our situation was fucked up.  Besides, I didn't have time to catch feelings. To busy scheming.

"Nova?"

The sounds of my name brought me out of my thoughts.  I whipped my head in the direction it came from and I instantly smiled.

Well I be damned. 

He stood a few feet can from me but he closed that gap stepping past a few people in the restaurant line beside me.

"If it isn't Teddy." What perfect timing.

"Sausage biscuit!" I grabbed my bag from the lady behind the counter and smiled a thank you and led Teddy to the back of the restaurant to an empty table.  This was my opportunity to make up for last night, maybe speed up the process.

"Good to see you," I smiled and  opened my bag to retrieve my breakfast sandwich.  "You ever wonder how Honey is doing?"

He leaned forward in attentiveness and smiled.  "All the time."