Chapter 18: How You Really Feel

"No one said it was going to be easy."-Tyrone

Chapter [18]

Honey

I took the flute of wine and sipped.  Sinking myself into the plush couch I laid my arm across the top and crossed my legs. 

"So let me see if I got this right." Tyrone started. "You're boss is your boyfriend's son, you never told your boyfriend you were a stripper," I cleared my throat and narrowed my eyes.

He thew his hands up and placed one on his chest.  "My bad. A dancer and on top of that he's the one managing the business while you're gone?"

"Yup." I simply answered then taking another sip.

Here I was complaining about my problems on Tyrone's couch. After calling him and briefly explaining what happened at the restaurant, I caught a cab to his new house that was all the way on the other side of the city. Of course, I haven't seen him in weeks let alone spoke since my Mama's funeral but I chalked that up to him handling business with his job. Besides I wasn't even sure if Zeke had made any attempt to call me and I wasn't going to check anytime soon.

Right now Tyrone seemed to be the only person who I could talk to seeing as how I wasn't speaking to Nova,  but I had my reasons. Tyrone even asked why I didn't call her first but, I had to explain to him that since Mama's death, I couldn't look at Nova the same. Of course I didn't think she killed her but that didn't stop my mind from wondering.

And so here I was drinking my problems away in Tyrone's big ass living room. It wasn't too odd I was here, he was still my best friend.

Tyrone looked at me and shook his head in disbelief. "Well, shit."

After running the events of tonight through my head for the hundredth time that night I came to the conclusion that I just wanted to forget that it ever happened.  So, I went for it. Threw my head back and chucked the whole glass of wine. It was sweet going down.

I shook the glass lightly. "More please."

Tyrone chuckled as he reached for my glass at the other end of the couch, grabbed the bottle of Merlot and poured me some more. 

"So what you gonna do about it?" He asked.

I palmed my face and shook my head.  "I don't know." I slid my fingers down over my eyes to peek at him smiling at me. "That's why I came to you."

He laughed. "You want me to be that shoulder for you to cry on, huh."

I nodded my head. "That was your job remember? You used those exact words when I had my first break up in middle school."

He chuckled and drunk straight from the bottle. "I remember."

This brought back a shit ton of memories of us doing the exact thing.  When any of us were having problems, we would pay Slick, the neighborhood go to man, to buy us a bottle and we would go somewhere and get fucked up.  We can would let the alcohol do to the talking.

"Damn. We grown now though. Here I thought I was gonna just get you drunk and slip you out of that dress." He said playfully and winked. But for some reason that resonated some truth within me bringing me back to the night we all went out to celebrate.

That's cause he's in love with you.

Nova's words suddenly popped in my head and then I started to give Tyrone a look over.

He was sitting here across from me in grey sweats and a plain white T-shirt. He had the bottle in his hand and he threw his head back and like a nigga, took another big gulp from the bottle.