Chapter 22: No Filter

"There is no shame in my game."-Anonymous

 Chapter|22|

Honey

 "So you gonna speak to me or what?"

 We were in Big Poppa's office and I was sitting across from Teddy trying to still comprehend that this man was my co-partner, of all people.  I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes because I would have gave anything to not be here.

 "Only if it's about business."

 "If that's how you want it-,"

 I cut my eyes to him. "It is how I want it."

 He smiled and threw his hands up while pushing himself off the corner of the desk. He chuckled and sat in the chair behind the desk.

 He looked to me and interlocked his hands and put on his serious face, not fooling me for one bit. 

"Then let's talk about business. Things around here have got to change if we want to bring in some real money."

I raised my eyebrow. "Real money? What the hell are you talking about?" If he was talking about what I thought he was talking about then this definitely was not going to work. I didn't want to be apart of any shady business that could land me in jail. I wanted to do this owning a business right.

"Yes, bring in the big dogs and get things really poppin'." 

"You mean drugs?" I already knew that's what he meant but I just wanted him to say it.

"Drugs." 

Aw, hell.

"No drugs." 

"Why not? If you want to get paid-," I put my hand up to stop him from talking this bullshit. He stopped and tensed his jaw in irritation, but I couldn't give two shits right now if he was irked.

"I was already getting paid as a stripper and doing just fine. This ownership thing is just the right step I need to get ahead and I will do everything I can to do this shit right." I was done talking to this Nigga. I couldn't even believe that he had the nerve to even bring that mess up, so I stood up and smoothed my skirt ready to walk out that door.

"When you have some real legal ideas, then maybe we can sit down and discuss some things because I can't even take you seriously." Not leaving any opportunity for him to get the last word, I walked right out the door and down to the main floor. 

Walking to the bar, I pulled out my phone from my purse to check the time. 10:45PM. I told myself that I was going to hang till twelve. I took a seat on the stool, swiveled to the chair to look at the main stage where Wallflower was dancing. Like a pro, she had her legs wrapped around the pole hanging upside down as she slowly flipped down to a split.

Damn.

"Now that's sexy."

I looked to my left and there was Big Poppa leaning against the bar with his arms crossed watching Wallflower. She was now bouncing her ass to the cadence of the song and by the amounts of hoots and hollers, the men were appreciating every move. Soon after, money started falling on her ass like rain.

"If I knew how much money this girl was bringing me, I should have brought her back on stage a long time ago." He joked and I smiled. Yeah, Wallflower was doing the damn thing. Dancing like she wanted it and that's how it should be. She didn't have no back story like the rest of these girls.

She always tell me, "Girl, stripping is an art that requires talent and something that I am very good at."  Some people wanted to be Doctor's and she wanted to be a stripper.