Two little ....

*Tom*
I wake up the next morning, finding the bed cold and empty. I kind of expect that Felicity has already gone to work. But then the bathroom door opens and she comes out wearing gray slacks and a white silk blouse. "Morning Tom. I got the morning off, so I was thinking that I wanted to come with you for the scan".

"You want to come ?" I am sure that I look rather shocked, she hasn't expressed any desire to go to any of the other appointments. "Well, I guess that is fine, but I better just ask Tia if it's okay".

"Why do you have to ask her ? Are you seriously telling me that she is deciding if I can come or not ?" She has her hands on her hips. "And don't call her that, she is not a kid. Nicknames are for kids".

I sigh, trying to diffuse her anger. "It's just that it is a private situation for her, so I am just thinking the polite thing is to ask if she is okay with it".

"It's our kids too, you are giving that woman way too much power". She says, pulling some clothes out from my closet and laying it on the bed. "Now go get showered and dressed so we can get going".

When I have showered and gotten dressed I go to knock on Celestia's door on my way down. For some reason I feel better telling her about Felicity coming in private.

"Come in". She calls.

"Morning Tia, are you ready for the scan ?" I say, smiling at her. She looks very pretty in a white skirt and a yellow top that makes her skin look suntanned. "By the way, Felicity decided to come along. I hope it is okay ?"

*Celestia*
Actually I kind of want to say no. I want this to be something between Tom and I. Something only we share. But I can't really say that, so I just nod. "Totally ready and of course it is okay".

"Honestly I don't know why she suddenly wants to come. Maybe she has started to get used to the idea". He says, smiling hopefully.

I have an idea that the reason is very different, but again I do not say anything.

He walks downstairs and soon I follow. I try to keep up my mood and be happy, but honestly, Felicity coming is kind of ruining it. It also makes it impossible for me to imagine Tom and I being a real family.

When we arrive at the clinic Felicity makes sure to hold Tom's hand the whole time, lacing her fingers with his. I am kind of trailing behind, feeling like the third wheel. I know it is to be expected, but I have just been so used to him holding my hand to these appointments.

Inside the doctor's office, when I am laying on the gurney, my stomach exposed, his free hand grabs mine and I feel Felicity glare holes in me, but I chose to ignore it.

Tom's voice is soft but excited. "Oh I almost can't wait. What do you think it is ?"

"Well I actually have no idea. But as long as they are both healthy I am happy". I look up at him smiling.

He nods. "Oh me too, but I would love a couple of little princesses that looked like their mother".

Felicity looks just about to have steam coming out her ears and her voice is acidic. "Well let's hope the kids look like their father. It will make things easier".

Part of me wants to say something, but well I kind of wish for the kids to look like their father too, so I says nothing. Tom squeezes my hand and says softly. "Poor kids. No, if they look like their mother they will at least be beautiful".

I feel myself blush and Felicity looks like she is about to say something harsh, when the doctor walks in. "Well hello everyone. Ready to take a look at the babies ?"

The doctor starts scanning. He is pointing to the screen and explains a lot along the way, what we are looking at, that everything looks perfect and they are growing like they should. "And you wanted to hear the sex of the babies right ?"

"Yeah we would love to know". Tom has let go of Felicity's hand, turning his back halfway to her. Both his hands are holding mine now and I can see the excitement on his face.

The doctor smiles and points at the screen. "Look here and here, there is no doubt ... you are having two perfect little girls".

"You got your wish, two little princesses". I say softly, looking at Tom. He looks so happy, tears shining in his eyes and I feel tears burn in my own eyes, totally forgetting Felicity is there. Right now there is only Tom and I in the world.

And Tom seems to feel the same, he smiles at me and leans down letting his lips ghost over mine. "Thank you Tia. I am going to do anything in my power to keep our little girls safe and happy. I promise you that".

"I know Tom, you are going to be a wonderful father to them. I am more worried that you will spoil them rotten". I say softly. This is one of those moments where I can't help but feel that there is something between Tom and I, that we are a real family, but then Felicity clears her throat.

He lets go of me, pulling slightly away. He looks at Felicity, his whole face radiating happiness. "Oh isn't it wonderful darling ? Two perfect little girls".

"I guess it is". Felicity says, hesitantly, then she looks at me and smirks. "I guess we can always buy them pretty clothes if they look like their mother".

I feel the tears threaten again, but this time they are not happy. That was mean as hell, but Tom has already turned his attention to the doctor, and doesn't seem to really hear. Instead he asks the doctor. "Do we get any pictures ?"

"Here you go". The doctor says and handed him a stripe of pictures and seconds later he is oohing and ahhing. "Look, see her little foot here. And that is a nose. I am pretty sure they have their mothers' noses, thank God".

I get up and dry off my stomach, feeling very deflated. I am honestly not sure how much longer I can stand living with Felicity and I know Felicity would love to see me gone, preferably for good. I had known it would only make me sad having Felicity at the scanning.

Tom is so caught up in talking names and baby things he wants to buy for the babies, that he doesn't seem to notice the tension between me and Felicity in the car back.

I instantly excuse myself saying I am tired and have a headache. I go up to my room, needing to be alone.