First hearing

2 weeks later
*Tom*
The sun blazes down on the steps of the London courthouse, casting sharp, angular shadows across our faces. I am not sure if the unusually hot day is a good sign or not.

Celestia, our lawyer Alan, and I stand side by side, trying to maintain a united front in the face of the gathering storm. Reporters swarm around us like vultures, eager for a story that they believe will send shockwaves through Hollywood.

The one positive point is that the judge had heard my request and moved the first hearing up. Now we just have to hope for a dismissal of the case.

I shield my eyes from the sun, my jaw clenched in determination. Glancing at Celestia, her hand rests protectively over her swollen belly, carrying our unborn twins. Despite the oppressive heat, she looks radiant and strong, her long hair tied up in a loose bun to keep it off her neck.

Alan, as always brimming with a distinguished air and a no-nonsense attitude, stands between us and the reporters. He raises his hand to silence the barrage of questions, his voice clear and commanding.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are here today to clear the names of Tom and Celestia". He announces. "This baseless lawsuit, instigated by Felicity, Tom's ex-fiancée, is nothing more than a desperate attempt to manipulate the situation and seek revenge. We have full confidence in the justice system and believe that the truth will prevail".

The reporters' voices rise in a cacophony of questions, flashes from cameras blinding us as we try to make our way up the courthouse steps. I wrap my arm around Celestia, shielding her from the onslaught. She leans into me, her eyes filled with gratitude and love.

As we reach the doors, I pause, turning back to the sea of faces that continue to shout questions and accusations. Taking a deep breath, my voice remains steady and unwavering as I address the crowd.

"All we want is to live our lives in peace and raise our twins away from this media circus. We will fight to protect our family and prove our innocence. No falsified contract or malicious intent will stand in our way".

With that, the doors of the courthouse swing open, and Celestia, Alan, and I disappear inside, leaving the reporters to scramble for any scrap of information they can find.

About twenty minutes later we all sit in the cold, sterile courtroom, anxiety buzzing through the air like a live wire. The imposing figure of the judge looms over us, his eyes scanning each one of us as if searching for a chink in our armor. Alan, poised and confident, stands at the podium, ready to fight for our family.

"Your Honor". Alan begins, his voice steady and measured. "We are here today to request the dismissal of this baseless lawsuit. Felicity has no biological claim to the twins carried by Celestia, and the alleged contract she presents is both falsified and invalid".

Felicity and her lawyer, Vicktoria, sit smugly on the opposite side of the courtroom. I can't help but feel a surge of anger at the sight of them, trying to tear our family apart with their malicious lies.

Alan continues calmly. "Celestia was led to believe she was signing a document related to her staying at the couple's home, not consenting to be a surrogate. This deception renders any agreement null and void. Furthermore, we have evidence that the document itself has been tampered with, casting doubt on its authenticity".

The judge, an older man with a stern expression, raises an eyebrow and addresses Vicktoria, "Counsel, do you have any response to these allegations ?"

Vicktoria, a tall and elegant woman with an air of arrogance, stands up and smirks, "Your Honor, the document in question was signed willingly by Miss Celestia Smith. Though we acknowledge the unfortunate misunderstanding on her part, the fact remains that she agreed to carry the twins for my client, Felicity Johanson".