The fight begins

*Tom*
My heart is pounding in my chest as I grip the steering wheel of my car, my knuckles turning white. I have finally made up my mind for good, leaving behind the life I had once thought I wanted. The deceitful embrace of Felicity, my once-beloved fiancée, felt like a shackle I have finally broken free from.

I know that to the casual observer, she is a picture of grace and elegance, but I now know the venom that courses through her veins. I had almost lost myself, in her web of lies and manipulation, being in risk of becoming a shadow of the man I once was.

But Celestia had rekindled the fire within me. Her laughter is like a melodious symphony, and her eyes hold the depth of the cosmos. I know I would gladly traverse a thousand miles just to be by her side. It is her love that has given me the courage to break free from the chains of my past. And the need to protect her and the kids.

I just have to hope that she can forgive me. That she will understand why I did what I did.

As I speed down the empty street, the sun dips below the horizon, casting  an orange glow over the world. I glance in the rearview mirror, catching a fleeting glimpse of the life I am leaving behind. A bittersweet smile graces my lips, knowing that I am venturing into the unknown, guided only by the burning love I hold for Celestia. Hoping to be received with open arms.

With each passing mile, my resolve grows stronger, and the darkness of Felicity's influence fades into the distance. I can feel the weight of my past lifting from my shoulders, replaced by the anticipation of a new beginning with Celestia, the beacon of light in my life.

I know our future, especially the start, if Felicity makes good on her threats, won't be easy, but I am ready to fight, I just hope Celestia is too.

Half an hour later I park outside the apartment building where Celestia now lives, suddenly nervous. What will she say ? Will she turn me away ? Or will she forgive me ?

With my heart once again pounding in my chest I get out and make my way to the door.

*Celestia*
I gaze at my swollen belly, my hands gently caressing the life growing inside me. I can't help but feel a mixture of joy and sadness as I think about how my world has changed since I discovered the pregnancy.

Alone in my cozy apartment, I can't help but feel abandoned by Tom, even if I agree with Emily that there has to be a reason. I am however happy he had come for the scan.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sudden, shrill ring of the doorphone. I hesitate, wondering who it can be at this hour. Approaching the device with caution, I muster the courage to answer, "Hello ? Who is this ?"

"It's Tom". The familiar voice replies, sending a rush of mixed emotions through my body. "I know I shouldn't be here, but I need to talk to you, Celestia. It's about Felicity".

A wave of bitterness washes over me as I think of the woman who had stolen Tom back and away from me. Felicity, the sophisticated, cunning woman who had lured Tom back into her web and convinced him to stay with her and abandoned me. The mere mention of her name was enough to make my heart race with anger.

"What about her ?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I... I left her". Tom confesses, his voice laced with regret. "I found out about her evil plans, Celestia. And I know for sure that she never loved me. It was all a lie, a scheme to ruin both our lives".

I feel my heart skip a beat. Can it be true ? Is Tom ready to return to me after everything that has happened ? Is it for real this time ? I can't allow myself to hope too much, but I can't deny the spark of desire that flickers inside me.

"You need to let me in, Celestia. I need to explain everything to you. Please". Tom pleads, his desperation evident.

With a trembling hand, I pressed the button to unlock the door, my heart pounding in my chest. As Tom reaches my door our eyes meet, and I see the guilt and sorrow in his gaze. I can't turn him away, not when he has come to me like this.

"Alright". I whisper, my voice barely audible. "You can come in and tell me everything".

As Tom steps inside the apartment, the weight of our shared history hangs heavy in the air. The remnants of our love story, once filled with passion and promises, now tainted by his betrayal and my heartache, are maybe, just maybe about to be rewritten.

  I brace myself for the truth, hoping against hope that Tom's revelations will bring us back together, to be a real family and heal the wounds that came when he tore us apart.

"Come sit". I tell him. Pointing to the couch.

"Thank you for listening to me". Tom says, giving me a small smile as he sits. "I am truly sorry about everything. Felicity threatened me to break it off with you".

I sit down on the other end of the couch. "So Emily was right, there was a reason. What did she use to threaten you".

Tom takes a deep breath, his eyes filled with determination. Then he explains about how she wanted to hurt me, saying I paid to be inseminated with Tom and how she would ruin him too.

"And now, you said you discovered her plan". I try to keep myself in check. "What plan ?"

"Felicity told me about a contract". He begins, his voice shaking slightly. "It says you agreed to be our surrogate and that after the babies are born, you will hand them over to us. Her lawyer believes it will hold up in court".

I know my eyes have widened in shock, my hand gripping the armrests to the right of me. "That's a lie, Tom! I never signed any contract. I don't want to give away our babies".

Tom nods, his expression somber. "I know, Celestia. I believe you. I confronted Felicity about it, telling her that you would never do that and she admitted that she tricked you into signing it. She made you believe it was something else entirely".

A mixture of disbelief and anger surges through me. I remember, it was right after I moved in. She had me sign a paper that I would not tell anyone about their private life and that I would not sell any pictures of Tom or the babies. How can someone be so cruel and deceitful ? I clench my fists, struggling to contain my emotions. "Why would she do this, Tom ? Why ?"

Tom sighs, his eyes filled with regret. "Felicity is obsessed with having the perfect family. I believe she is actually infertile and probably she was never pregnant. She couldn't bear the thought of not having children of her own, or at least of you having my babies. She saw you as an opportunity to get what she wanted, even if it meant destroying our lives".

Tears threaten to spill from my eyes, and my heart is aching with the pain of betrayal. But in this moment, I also felt a renewed sense of love for Tom, who has chosen to stand up to Felicity, and to be by my side, despite the obstacles we will face.

"What do we do now ?" I ask, my voice trembling.

Tom reaches out and takes my hands in his, determination flaring in his eyes. "We fight, Celestia. We fight for our love and for our family. We will prove that the contract is a fraud, and we will raise our children together".

"You will not be able to keep this from coming out". I tell him. "The tabloids will have a field day, and drag us through the mud".

"Do not care". Tom says, determination in his voice. "If it hurts or ruins my career I will find something else to do. You mean more, and our babies mean more".

A sense of hope and determination fills me as I look into Tom's eyes, my heart swelling with love for the man who has returned to my side. Together, we will face the challenges ahead, united by our love and our desire to protect our unborn children.

Tom tells me that he has given Felicity till tomorrow morning to disappear from the house, as it is in his name. And that he wants me to move in with him.

"I would love to". I say, smiling. "Do I get my old room ?"

"Nope". He grins cheekily, shaking his head. "You will have to share with me".

And then he leans in, slowly, allowing me time to pull away, but I don't so his lips find mine and he kisses me with all he has.