First witnesses

*Tom*
As the court adjourns for lunch, Alan guides Celestia and me to a borrowed office within the courthouse, sparring us from having to go through the throng outside. The small, dimly lit space feels like a temporary sanctuary from the chaos of the trial.

Alan has thoughtfully provided lunch for us, a spread of sandwiches and salads covering the table. My stomach growls, reminding me that I haven't eaten since breakfast, but Celestia seems to be struggling with her appetite.

I watch Celestia pick at her food, her movements tentative, and I can't help but worry about her. She had been through so much already, and it's clear the stress of the trial is taking its toll on her. I scoot my chair closer and rub her back, hoping the gesture provides some comfort.

Alan, ever the professional, takes this opportunity to discuss the morning's opening statements and gauge our thoughts on the jury's reactions. "I know Vicktoria's claims were outrageous and hurtful, but we must stay focused on the truth and the evidence we have to support our case. The jury will see through her theatrics". Alan reassures us.

Celestia nods, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I just can't believe she would go that far to try and tear us apart". She whispers. "Or that she would says such things about Tom".

I squeeze her hand, trying to impart some strength. "I know it's difficult, but we have to trust that the truth will prevail. We are in this together, and we'll come out stronger on the other side".

Alan nods in agreement, his face a picture of empathy and determination. "We still have a long road ahead, but I truly believe we can win this case. Let's use this break to regroup and recharge. We will need our strength for the remainder of the trial".

With that, I focus on helping Celestia through the lunch break, offering her small bites of food and words of encouragement. Though the future remains uncertain, I know that together, we can face whatever challenges lie ahead.

  We return to the bustling courthouse, the weight of the trial heavy on our shoulders. The atmosphere is tense as we take our seats, bracing ourselves for the testimonies that will unfold. The first witness is called to the stand, and my heart skips a beat when I see it's the doctor who inseminated Celestia.

Vicktoria approaches the doctor with a predatory smile, ready to spin her web of lies. "Dr. Adams, could you please tell the court about your interactions with Celestia prior to the insemination ?"

The doctor hesitates for a moment, appearing uncomfortable. "Well, Celestia had come to the clinic several times and seen Tom and Felicity there. She asked questions about them and seemed overly curious".

I look at Celestia, her face a mask of disbelief, and I can't help but feel a surge of anger at the doctor's false claims.

Vicktoria's voice takes on a sly tone as she continues her questioning. "And would you say that Celestia manipulated you into inseminating her ?"

The doctor shifts in his seat, clearly uneasy. "She... she seduced me". He stammers. "I was going through a difficult time, struggling with a small drug problem, and she offered me money to inseminate her. She preyed on my weakness".

The courtroom erupts into murmurs as the shocking testimony sinks in. I glance at the jury, trying to gauge their reaction, but they remain stoic, giving nothing away.

As Vicktoria returns to her seat, smug satisfaction written all over her face, I grip Celestia's hand tightly, desperate to offer her some comfort. This is just one battle in a war we are determined to win, no matter how many lies we have to untangle along the way.

Alan rises from his seat, his demeanor calm and composed as he approaches the witness stand. He clears his throat and begins his questioning of Dr. Adams.