Being told

*Tom*
"Sweetie the clinic just called, they need to see us as fast as possible". The voice interrupts me.

I look up from my script as my fiance Felicity opens the door to my office, as always without knocking first. I can't help feeling a bit confused, why would the clinic call at this time of the month ? "Oh, did they say what it was about ? Do I need to go too, I kind of need this done".

"Tom, it could be important, and they said they need to see us both. So yes, you have to go". She glares at me in that way she does when she wants me to just shut up and do as I am told, by her.

I send her a smile, trying to smooth out the tension. The hormones she takes in hope of getting pregnant put her a bit on the edge sometimes, and I know not to push her. "Don't worry darling, I can do this later. Of course I am coming".

She sends me a stiff smile and turns, walking through the door flouncing back out. "Then hurry up. We need to go, it might be good news".

I sigh and put down the script before getting up. How can it be good news ? We already know that she wasn't pregnant this time either, and I am starting to get tired of all this baby stress and the raging hormones that make her hard to be around.

I have been dating Felicity for three years now. Actually if I have to be totally honest, I had wanted to break it off with her about eighteen months ago. But then she got pregnant and I couldn't leave her. I couldn't leave my child. I always wanted to be a father so the idea of being a weekend father was not something I liked.

But unfortunately she had a miscarriage, but she wanted to try again right away and I kind of just went with it. I had been looking so much forward to being a father. It is still my biggest unfulfilled dream.

After about a year and no luck whatsoever in the regards of a new pregnancy, Felicity had called the clinic and got us appointments to get checked out. There turned out to be nothing wrong with me in that regard, but we were told that it was close to a miracle that Felicity had gotten pregnant the first time. Apparently the environment in her uterus kills off my swimmers before they can get to the egg. It also makes it very hard for the egg to attach itself.

So we had started her on hormones and inseminations, but so far no luck, and I am starting to think it is just not meant to be.

When I get downstairs Felicity is already standing ready at the door with my jacket and car keys, so I put on my shoes and take his things from her. "Let's get going then and see what they want".

*Felicity*
"You got to be kidding. Are you seriously telling us that someone made a mistake and now some random girl is pregnant with Tom's baby ?" I shriek in indignation.

The doctor looks very apologetic and also kind of scared, but what can I use that for ? "I am afraid so Miss. Stevens. But he has of course been fired and is barred from practicing ever again".

"Oh, I am so gonna sue all of you and that woman better get an abortion, right now". I am glaring at Tom. Why isn't he saying anything ?

It can't be true, I am the one who is supposed to have Tom's baby. I have worked hard for this. The baby will be the thing securing that he will not leave me ... ever.

I am not blind nor dumb, I see the look that flashes through his eyes sometimes when he looks at me. Regret is probably the most accurate word, and it has been there for almost two years now. With no pregnancy I fear he might lose patience with me and our relationship

That was why I had faked a pregnancy back then. I had the very clear feeling that he was about to break it off, but there was no way I was letting him slip out of my grasp. I am going to be Mrs. Tom Hiddleston no matter what, after all I have worked hard to earn that title.

But of course I had to fake a miscarriage as well, before it got to obvious that there was no baby, but as Tom had been abroad filming, it hadn't been a very hard thing to do.

Tom of course had been devastated and I had moved fast, promising him we would just make a new baby right away, having a baby would be a small price to get what I wanted. Not knowing then that I wasn't able to.

"I am sorry, but that would be up to the young lady, we can't force her to get an abortion". The doctor says firmly.

I look at Tom, who is still just sitting there, looking utterly confused. "Tom, you need to do something ... You can pay her to get an abortion or something like that".

"Maybe I could talk to her, see what she says. Maybe she doesn't want some stranger's baby". He says, his eyes are still staring somewhere off in the distance.

I look at the doctor again. "Does she know who the father is ? Is she aware she is carrying Tom's baby ? Does she know what this means ?"

"No, we haven't told her yet, we wanted to tell you first about this unfortunate event. To prepare you as we don't know what she will do". The doctor answers.

Finally Tom looks up at the doctor, like he is coming out of a trance. He asks softly. "Why didn't you call us as soon as the mistake was discovered ?"

"To be honest we didn't think there would be a problem. The young woman has had an operation for cervical cancer, she wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant". The doctor scratches his neck. "It really is close to a miracle".

What the fuck, so some bitch who can't get pregnant, miraculously get pregnant with Tom from a mistake ? While they haven't managed to get me pregnant in seven tries. I am searing with anger at the thought, it just isn't fair.

"Is the young lady still here ?" Tom asks and when the doctor nods, he continues. "Could I please talk to her then ?"

"Yes of course, I will just go find her and make sure she is okay with it. Then I will come back for you". The doctor gets up and hurries out off the room, clearly happy to get away from my anger.