Breaking him

*Tom*
As I stand before the mirror, I can't help but feel a pang of disappointment. I would have much rather spent the evening at the pub with friends, or better yet, in the company of Celestia. But the thought of being with her is too painful to entertain. Instead, I find myself preparing for Felicity's costume party, surrounded by her friends.

The costume she picked out for me only adds insult to injury.

"Felicity, are you serious about this outfit? People are going to laugh at me". I protest, entering the bedroom where she's getting dressed. I have to admit, she looks stunning as a Greek goddess, even if she's likely the Goddess of deception and lies.

My outfit, however, is a different story. I feel like a fool in this short Greek tunic that barely covers my body, leaving half my chest exposed.

Felicity saunters over and places a hand on my chest, causing me to flinch. "Of course, I'm serious. You look incredibly sexy, Tom. My friends will be green with envy when they see you".

I sigh, glancing down at her. "Can't I just stay in here by myself? I'm not really in the mood for a party".

"No chance. You're coming with me". She replies with a wicked grin, grabbing my arm and leading me out of the bedroom. "And you will put on a smile and impress my friends. i do not want to feel embarrassed".

"Honestly, Felicity, I don't like this. I feel exposed ... in a bad way". I say, pulling my arm free. I'm already uncomfortable around her friends and with pretending we are an actual loving couple; the outfit is only making it worse. "Can't I wear something else ?"

She rolls her eyes and playfully smacks my rear on her way to the kitchen. "Stop whining, Tom. You look delicious".

With a groan, I follow her, unsure of what else to do. Ever since Celestia moved out, I have felt empty and alone. I miss her terribly. I still regret my actions, but I had to protect her. Her and the babies will always be my priority, no matter what.

Felicity's friends are predominantly women, with one man I have never met before. As she introduces us, I can't help but feel awkward, especially in front of the handsome stranger with dark hair and blue eyes.

Resigned, I suppress my objections and force a smile for her friends. I know Felicity will be furious if I change outfits, so I endure the humiliation. After all it's just one night.

However, I can't shake the feeling of being a trophy, paraded around for all to see. I feel scrutinized, judged. Felicity seems oblivious to my discomfort, but maybe she simply doesn't care.

Doing my best to act natural, I mingle with her friends, though it's difficult to hide my unease. I feel like an imposter in my own skin, but I try to ignore it.

Later, as I head to the kitchen for a drink, I overhear Felicity talking with a couple of her friends I've not met before. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I pause to listen.

"You weren't kidding, Feli". One of them says. "That man is one hot piece of ass".

Felicity giggles. "Oh, I know. He's got a great body and a handsome face. Plus, he's quite skilled in the bedroom".

Their laughter takes on a mischievous tone, and another friend chimes in. "I bet he's packing some serious heat, too. You can just tell".

The trio giggles again, with Felicity reveling in the attention. "You are not wrong. I just wish he had more to offer than good looks and bedroom prowess. Some ambition, perhaps ? He's an actor, but his looks won't last forever".

"I know, right ? He needs a new career soon". The other friend agrees.

Felicity laughs. "His days as a leading man are over. He barely made anything from his latest play".

The friend makes a dismissive noise. "Plays aren't Hollywood. He should consider moving on. Before he becomes a joke".

"He could do porn and make a fortune". Felicity snorts. "It's embarrassing enough to say he's an actor and then have to explain his roles".

Hearing her words is like a punch to the gut. She's ashamed of me, mocking me in front of her friends. She thinks I'm only good for porn.

Shaking my head, I make for the door. I need fresh air, and I need to be anywhere but here.