Her true colours

*Tom*
"Where the fuck have you been". Felicity screams at me as I drop the bag with the horrid costume in front of her. Luckily Ben gave me the clothes so I did not have to wear it again.

"I spend the nights at Ben's place". I tell her, looking her right in the eyes. "And then I went with Celestia for her scan".

She glares at me like I have done something extremely rude, but I do not care. "You did what ?"

"Spend the night at Ben's place ...". I start saying.

She cuts me off. "I do not care about that part. I do not assume you are fucking neither him or his boring wife ... Why did you meet up with the little bitch ?"

"As I said, she had a scan today". I straighten my back, she will not make me back down on this. "Those are still my babies, I want to be a part of everything".

She opens her mouth but closes it again quickly and takes out her phone from her pocket as it rings, holding up a hand, telling me to be quiet.

I wait patiently for her to finish but when she does not say anything, but just keeps nodding, I get tired of waiting. "Is there something wrong?"

Her head snaps towards me and she looks away from the screen. "No, no... Nothing". She shakes her head slightly. "Why don't you go ahead and sit down ? I am sure you must be exhausted after all this running around and whatnot".

I feel something is up, but I still take a seat on one of the armchairs as she turns her focus back on her phone.

I pick up my own phone to check if I have missed any calls or texts.

I can hear her talking softly into the phone, but none of it really makes sense, so I stop listening. When she hangs up, she looks up at me again, there is something in her eyes that tells me she has received some news.

"It's nothing bad, right ?" I ask her.

"No!" She answers immediately. "Nothing bad at all. Quite good actually".

I look at her, feeling suspicious, because usually if she says 'nothing bad', she means something bad. But she did say quite good too.

I give her a small smile before going over to the kitchen area to grab myself a bottle of water while she finishes what she is saying.

When I come back to the lounge, I find her sitting on the sofa, fiddling with her phone and I can't shake this feeling of something being wrong. "What are you doing ?"

"Just updating my planner." She grabs a pen and starts scribbling. "So, what did the doctor say about our babies ?"

She has changed the subject, but okay I will answer. "The scans went well, they are growing nicely and are healthy."

"Good". She smiles. "Well, let me know when there is another appointment".

"Why ?" I can't help but ask. "I am not sure Celestia ...".

Her head whips up so fast I am surprised I do not hear her neck crack. "I do not care what she wants, those are our babies, so I have a right to be there".

"She doesn't want you to come..." I start but she interrupts me again.

"As I said I do not give a fig". She huffs angrily.

I shake my head. "Maybe she is worried that you will start arguing with her or something ? You guys aren't exactly the best of friends, after all...".

"I can be civil ... It is more doubtful with her". She gives me a cold smile. "She can't deny me seeing our kids".