Like a psychedelic dream

*Felicity*
I am pacing the floor of the doctors office where I have been left to wait. What is taking Tom damned long ? I do not have the patience or the time for this.

He has been gone for more than thirty minutes now, which is way longer than this should take. This just needs to be handled, and swiftly. I would be a laughingstock in finer society, not to mention how I would be ridiculed in the gossip rags if Tom has a baby with someone else.

Everyone will assume he had an affair and the mistaken insemination is just a cover story. People would whisper behind my back, wondering what is wrong with me since he strays.

"You better have good news for me after talking to her for almost an hour". I snap, feeling annoyed, as he finally strolls back into the office.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair as he looks at me. "Well darling, I guess that depends on what you deem good news".

"What are you saying Tom ? What does that even mean ?" I know my voice is almost a shriek. "Isn't she going to get rid of it ? Didn't you offer her money ? Tell her she has no choice here ?"

I stared at him demanding an answer. What the hell has he been doing for that long, if he hasn't even solved the problem ?

Tom has the audacity to just shake his head. "As of now she doesn't know what to do. And not I did not offer her money to get an abortion ... that would be appalling".

  "Tom for God's sake, she can't have your baby. What would people think ? I tell you what they will think; they will think that you are sleeping around. They will see me as some fool to pity". I am stomping my foot in anger. Why can't he see the problem here ?

  Tom's jaw tightens, like he has the nerve to be annoyed with me. "Darling, I think we should go home and have a talk about this. I might have an idea that could work out for everyone".

"It better be a good one". I say with a huff and grab my coat before walking out the room. Tom silently follows on my heel.

*Celestia*
"Danny are you in ?" I call as I lock myself into the apartment. Danny is my best friend, and currently kind of my roommate, as I am crashing on his couch.

He pokes his head out from the kitchen, sending me his most endearing smile.  "I am right in here honey pie. Do you want a cup of tea ?"

"Oh yes please, and a friendly ear. I have so much to tell. I am having the strangest day ever  in the history of the world and I need some good advice". I sigh as I kick off my shoes.

When I walk out into the kitchen, sinking down on a chair, Danny placed a cup of steaming tea in front of me. "Here you go. Now tell me what has happened. You look utterly exhausted sweetie".

"You seriously ain't going to believe this. I wouldn't believe it if it happened to someone else. It is the most crazy thing ever. It is like a psychedelic dream I can't wake from". I still really can't believe it myself.

Danny looks at me curiously, taking a sip of his tea. "Well no matter how crazy it is, I am going to believe you. I know you would never lie to me".

  "I am pregnant Danny. The last time I went to the clinic to get a check up, my normal doctor was sick. And the new doctor apparently switched some papers up. He inseminated me, and well my throwing up isn't a virus after all, it is morning sickness". I say holding my breath, looking at him to see his reaction.

Danny looks at me with giant eyes. He had been the one holding me and comforting me when I cried over never being able to have kids. "I don't believe you ...you are kidding right ? Is it April first today ? No seriously sweetie, that sounds like some soap on tv".

"I know, believe me I know, bur ir is the honest truth. When I tell you who the father is you are probably going to faint". I say.

I had talked to Tom for more than half an hour and he had actually been very sweet and understanding. He also seemed surprisingly down to Earth.

I know Danny thinks that Tom is just about the sexiest man alive. "Oh really ? So your baby daddy isn't just some random guy ?"

"Nope, I guess that you can say that at least for a fuck up, I got from the very best of the gene pool.  Promise me you wont tell a living soul. I promised him". I look at him sternly.

Danny nods, his face shining with excitement. "Well cross my heart and hope to die in really bad pain. You know you can trust me ... now just tell me".

"You wont believe this, because I still can't believe it. But my baby daddy is no other than the one and only Tom Hiddleston". I say, biting my lip so hard it hurts.

Danny literally spit his tea out over the table. "What ? No no no really, you are having a tiny beautiful little Hiddles baby ? Now you surely are pulling my leg".

"Well, I don't know. I don't know if I should keep it. I mean some part of me wants to, it might very well be my only chance to be a mother, but I don't have a real home or a job". I shrug. "And also I never imagined having a baby with a stranger, even a very handsome one".

Danny is looking thoughtful. "And what did he say ? And that bitchy ... what's her face ? You know the one who thinks she is marrying him ... What did she say ? She must be about to explode".

"I only talked to Tom. He is actually really sweet. Oh and even more handsome in real life. But he said he wouldn't pressure me in either direction, he would just like to know when I made up my mind". I answer.

Danny empties his tea cup, sitting it down on the table. He looks thoughtful. "Well I didn't even know they were trying to have kids".

"It is kind of a secret. Apparently they have been trying for quite some time actually, but again, please don't tell anyone, okay ?" I say imploringly and he nods.

Danny takes our cups. "But what if you keep it ? Does that mean that Tom wants to be a part of the baby's life ?"

"I don't even know. I didn't ask him and he didn't say, so I really don't know". I say with a shrug. It shouldn't influence my decision if keeping it would mean that Tom would forever be part of my life ... but I should probably have asked.