Could You Get More Obvious// Mitch

Mitch's POV

I looked pretty normal. I had the coal and the beanie, alongside the long hair and beard. I looked nonthreatening and just like someone trying to get home and out of the cold weather.

But really, I was about to kill the man in front of me.

Until this girl in a leather jacket and y/h/c hair flowing over her shoulders.

"Could you get more obvious?" She chuckled, her shoulder brushing against mine.

"Excuse me?"

"You're an assassin, right?" she asked me. "Don't worry, we get them through here all the time, not the best spot to kill that man right there."

"How do you know all of this?" I stopped, grabbing her arm and meeting her eyes.

She tapped the side of her head and grinned. "I'm not an idiot."

"There's no way you could have known that."

"Well, since it's only 50 degrees out here and you're dressed like you're in the middle of a blizzard and the gun in the left inside pocket of your coat, you've been trailing the guy for an hour, it's not that hard to figure out," she chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest. "You literally didn't take your eyes off him for two seconds, or you would have noticed me following you."

"You're good," I cocked my head to the side. "Are you CIA?"

"No, I'm ANP." She shook her head.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's that?"

"A normal person," she laughed. "You might want to hurry and leave, 4 guys just got out of the same car that your target got in, so nice to meet you, see ya later."

She turned and walked in the other direction, leaving me to save my own ass.

2 years later

It wasn't until 2 years later that I met her again.

She wasn't funny and cute anymore, she was hard and cold. Determined and cruel. 

I don't know what happened to her, but she wasn't the person she used to be. She was a new agent to the CIA, my new partner.

She acted like we have never met before and that I was a burden on the way she worked.

"Do you not remember me or something?" I asked, walking beside her, keeping up with the click of her heeled boots.

"Of course I remember you." She said, keeping her eyes forward and not looking at me.

"What happened to you?" I asked her.

"Nothing."

***

We were sharing a hotel room for a mission, her snuggled into her bed, a book in her lap while I sat in mine, typing up reports on the laptop.

I heard her sigh deeply, closing her book.

"I put my nose in the wrong assassin's business," she said as I turned and looked at her. "They murdered my family and tortured me until I swore not to say anything."

"That's who we're hunting now, right?"

She nodded, not looking at me. "What they did to me, it changed me."

"I know," I agreed. "I only talked to you for about 2 minutes, but you were a ball of sunshine."

She chuckled. "I miss who I used to be."

"You and me both."

She laughed, nodding. "We're gonna get these guys."

"I'll make sure they pay for what they did to you."

"Now you're so driven, why?" She asked me.

"Because I hate seeing someone's light dulled by hate."