Tell Her// Thomas

Thomas' POV

We had just arrived at the Right Arm; I stayed with Brenda while they treated her, everyone else getting clothes, food, and drink, becoming settled.

"Hey guys," I smiled at my group of friends. "You comfortable?"

They all nodded, taking bites out of their sandwiches. 

I searched the crowd for y/n, but I didn't see her. She must have ran off elsewhere to be alone like she used to do in the Maze. I looked around, finding her on the cliff, overlooking the orange sunset.

I smiled softly at her when she rubbed her arms briskly, trying to get her arms warm. 

"Why don't you just tell her?" Newt asked, coming up beside me.

"Tell her what?" I asked, not taking my eyes off of her.

"That you're in love with her," Newt chuckled, nudging me with her shoulder. "It's really obvious, mate."

"No, she obviously doesn't feel the same about me," I said to my trusted friend. "She's too good for me."

"Now, mate, we all know from first hand experience that life is way too short to worry about things like feelings," Newt said. "The worst she can say is no, right?"

I nodded, agreeing. "You're very right."

"Go for it, Tommy." He smiled, pushing me softly.

I walked up the cliff, coming up beside her. It was nearly dark now, the last bit of light from the sun disappearing behind a mountain top.

She turned around and smiled at me. "Hey."

"I've been looking for you everywhere." I smiled, my shoulder pressing against hers.

"There's a lot going on down there, I'm not sure what to do with myself." She chuckled, rubbing her arms again.

I slipped my coat off, draping it across her shoulders. "Thanks."

I nodded, sticking my hands in my pockets. "You're good in medicine."

"Medicine in the Maze and medicine out here are two completely different things." She hummed.

"Doesn't make you any less of talented person," I chuckled. "You're good at everything you do."

She shrugged, not looking at me.

"Do you thi-"

"Can I ask-"

We both laughed, talking at the same time. "You go first."

"No, you go first." She smiled.

"Do you think that um, that there could ever be an us?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

"There already is an us, Thomas."

"No, I mean an us us, like you and I, together."

She started to laugh, closing her eyes and tilting her head back. My favorite laugh.

"You don't have to laugh." I frowned, starting to turn around.

"Wait no," she grabbed my hand, spinning me around. "That's not why I'm laughing, it's just-I was going to ask you the same thing."

"What?"

"I like you too, Thomas," she smiled, her thumb brushing against my cheekbone. "I like that there can be an us."

I leaned forward, pressing my lips against hers in our first kiss. She smiled into the kiss, her arms going around my neck and into my hair. My fingers gripped her waist softly, pulling back and resting my forehead against hers.

"What made you think about it?" I asked her softly.

"Someone told me that life's too short to worry about being rejected."

I laughed, turning around and looking down at Newt, who was grinning up at us, sending a thumbs up at us.