You Be Safe// Mitch

(i write too many mitch ones but i love him too much; also this is probably going to be a long one)

You were waiting for Mitch to get home from work. But he never came home. 

It wasn't like him to not come home, then you knew something was up. You weren't worried until two black cars pulled onto your lawn and told you to come with them right away.

You thought he was dead.

"Agent Rapp is in the middle of the Atlantic and his only request was to make sure that you were safe before we removed him."

"Agent Rapp? What is he doing in the middle of the Atlantic ocean? What is going on?" You battered with questions.

"That's confidential."

"Confidential? That's the love of my life out there, whatever is happening with him, you need to tell me."

"We're going to get him from his current location and he can explain everything to you."

"I'm going with you." You said, starting to follow him.

"No, you're not." The man in the suit chuckled.

"Yes, I am."

***

You buckled yourself into the helicopter seat, watching as the different agents talked back and forth. You were trying to register that Mitch was some kind of agent. 

The helicopter stopped over a ship wreck, lowering a ladder down to someone on a boat who you assumed to be Mitch.

He climbed up to the helicopter, sitting and unhooking himself and turning to everyone. Your eyes instantly met his, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. 

"Y/n?"

You let out a choked sob at his appearance. His shirt was torn, he had blood all over him, some of it you assumed wasn't his. He had cuts scattered all on his face and his neck.

You hugged him tightly, wrapping your arms around his neck. "What are you doing here? You weren't supposed to come."

You were cut off, sirens blaring throughout the helicopter. "We got hit!"

Mitch instantly reached over, grabbing a parachute and strapping it to your chest. "You put one on too."

"You be safe, first." He said, making sure everything was strapped in.

The helicopter dropped, sending you to the side. "You have to get out."

"You're coming too!" you said, not letting go of him. "Mitch.."

"You need to get out first."

The doors opened and Mitch kissed your lips hard, meeting your eyes. "I love you."

You opened your mouth to say something but he pushed you from the helicopter, falling to the ground.

You opened the parachute as you floated to the ground, watching as the helicopter exploded and crashed to the ground. 

"Mitch!" You screamed, falling to your knees. 

2 years later

You haven't seen Mitch since the day that helicopter crashed. They put you undercover after he died, making sure you were safe for the first couple years.

Yesterday, you moved back into your apartment. Mitch's things were still exactly where he left them, you grabbed one of his shirt and pulled it over your head before getting into your bed and letting out some tears.

There were so many things you didn't understand about what had happened that day. You didn't even know who your boyfriend was for the time you were together. He was being a completely different person that the Mitch you met.

A knock on your door pulled you from the bed, getting up and looking through the peephole. Your breathe caught in your throat, confusion racking your brain.

You threw open the door, meeting his eyes. 

"What?" You asked in confusion as he came forward, dropping his bag and wrapping his arms around your torso.

You hesitated but hugged him back, your arms around his neck.

"I thought you died." You pulled back and met his brown eyes. 

"They put me undercover until everything passed," he said, pushing a piece of hair from your face. "I just got out a couple hours ago."

You kissed his lips softly, tears soaking your cheeks. 

"I'm sorry I left you." He whispered, his face pressed into your neck.

--------------------------------

if you've heard about las vegas, everyone keep them in your prayers please

also, i started an update twitter page for harry style's tour (ik im a loser) & it would be amazing if you could follow & give me support, thank you guys!

also just realized i didn't put the username wow im dumb

it's @harrysdatabase on twitter