Get Down!// Mitch

After someone tried to shoot up the restaurant you were eating at, you somehow ended up in the car with the target of the shooters.

Somehow, you recognized the shooter as your best friend from high school. Mitch Rapp.

You two drifted apart after you decided to go to a different college that was halfway across the country. You thought it was the best for you, but Mitch was losing the best thing in his life.

After his parents died, you were the only thing that kept him going, and when you left, he had to find someway to keep himself going.

Then he met Katrina.

You and Mitch never talked, never became friends, never saw each other for nearly ten years.

Until today.

"Mitch?" You asked, holding onto the dashboard.

He glanced at you, trying to keep his eyes on the road. "Y/n?"

"Oh my god," you gaped at him. "You've changed."

"Hm," he agreed. "You were eating alone."

"You saw that?" you rolled your eyes. "What the hell are you? Some kind of assassin?"

"Bingo."

"What have you gotten yourself into?"

"Like you would care." Mitch scoffed.

"What is that supposed to me-"

Gunshots cut you off, scattering across the windshield.

"Get down!" Mitch yelled, reaching over and pushing you down.

You crouched on the floor board, covering your head with your hands. He swerved onto a side road, the car shifting from side to side as the rocks shifted underneath the rocks.

He pulled to the side, looking over at you. "Are you all right?"

"What the hell was that?" You asked, sitting back in your seat.

"I'm not exactly the well liked person in town."

"You got people trying to kill you?" you laughed, leaning back in the seat. "People dislike you that much?"

"I suppose so."

***

You threw yourself onto the bed of the hotel room, leaning on your elbows to face Mitch.

"Is this necessary? You really can't just take me home?"

He shook his head. "Now that they've seen you with me, you're a target."

"Well, thanks," you rolled your eyes. "I don't even have any clothes or anything to sleep in."

"I have something you can wear." He said before throwing you a large tee shirt.

You took a shower, washing the grime of the day from your body before putting Mitch's shirt on and going back out and into bed.

It was quiet in the hotel room before you broke the silence. "What happened to you?"

"Katrina died."

You sat up on your elbows, shocked. "What?"

"I'm trying to find the ones who did it and I'm going to kill them."

"That seems a bit extreme, doesn't it?"

"It's not fair how these guys treat people, they took away my fiance and that's not fair."

You got up, walking over to his bed before pushing over the bed, getting in and wrapping your arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"It's okay," he said, his voice shaking. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not," you said, squeezing him tightly. "And that's okay."

He started to cry, his body started to shake from sobs.

---------------------------------------

sorry guys for not updating

ive been struggling a lot with my depression lately & i just have not motivation to do anything, I just want to lay in bed & sleep.

But hopefully i can get my life together & bring my school grades back up & upload for you guys.