22

"W-Wha~ But you asked!!"

I argued. "Yeah it was a test! You don't call me, you ditched me for our date! You don't even act like you like me anymore! So I was wondering if you even remembered." He said, angry.

To be honest I forgot I was supposed to be dating him. How is that possible, I don't know. Because I used to have the biggest crush on him. Now, it just doesn't feel the same.

"Well honestly it doesn't count."

"What do you mean it doesn't count??" He stood up. "Well, you literally just said to skip all the other stuff. The stuff that comes before actually dating. It just..ruins the romance." I mutter. Sheesh, I watch too many dramas.

"I'm trying to be that way, but you won't let me. You haven't even gone on one date with me, Minseo!" He complained.

I sighed. "Look i'm sorry. But you seriously said all that over the phone, which is even worse. If you wanted to date me, you should've done it properly."

"So you're breaking up with me?"

He stood there staring at me. I bunched my lips to the side. "I don't think this is technically breaking up if we weren't really dating." I scratch my head. He sighs and rolls his eyes.

He walked in circles, angry.

"Does this have something to do with Youngjae?!" He turns and spat. "Wha- No!!" I stood up. He nodded, "I bet it does. Did he pay you. Or do you actually like that son of a-"

"Jackson! This has nothing to do with Youngjae! This is between me and you, and let's stay that way!" I shout.

He lowered his shoulders and grit his teeth. "Fine then." He walked towards my door and was making his way out of my room. "Jackson.." I went after him.
"Hey, let's not end things like this.."

We were at the bottom of the stairwell. He paused, turned his head and looked at me, then continued his way out.

I sighed.

Well that went great.

I wanted to call Youngjae, but I think I should just leave him alone. He might not wanna talk to me since he's been doing that the whole day. It might seem like i'm clingy. I don't think he likes that.

It's night. My brother Jaebum still isn't back yet. Is he nuts? What could he possibly be doing at 11:00 pm??

I was laying on my bed, laptop on my lap, watching kdramas as the usual. Then my phone started ringing. I reached over for it. But when I answered, the second male lead suddenly kissed the main female lead without her consent on my screen.

"Yeah hell- Aw what the hell??!! Now she's not gonna like him anymore! I knew it! And I really liked that guy, sheesh."

"Erm..hello?"

"Oh yeah, hi." I say like it's nothing. "Minseo?"

I checked my screen for the contact name. I didn't even look or know who I was talking to. It could've been Jackson, what is wrong with me.

"Oh hi Youngjae." I smile. "Who were you talking to?"

"Just a dumb second male lead."

"What?? Male??"

"Anyways, whatcha up to?"

I had popcorn on my side and was currently stuffing my face.
"Minseo, how come you didn't call me. I was waiting for you to at least text or facetime me. You made me wait till 11??" He ranted.

Oh.

I thought I was doing something wrong when I do that.
"Sorry, I thought you didn't like that." I smile to myself. "Minseo I love th- I mean..sure, I like when you call. Because I can breathe freely knowing you're alright."

I roll my eyes, "Ugh, you're so cheesy. Look, you don't have to go all babysitter mode on me." I say, before taking another bite of my popcorn.

"It's not the babysitter me. I just..care, you know?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. Cheesy." I comment. Youngjae laughed. "So..what're you doing?" He asked.

"Watching a kdram- Oh you gotta be kidding me!!"

I say suddenly when the first male lead comes along and both the boys start to fight over the girl. I mean c'mon, just choose the other guy! I really like the other guy! I don't want him with anybody else. He's been supporting her all her life, then some new guy comes along and she falls for him immediately? I call bullsh-

"Minseo? You okay?" Youngjae cuts off my thoughts. I sighed, "Second male leads get no love." I shook my head.

"Erm..what?"

Youngjae is so confused right now I could burst out laughing.

Suddenly though, I hear clanking downstairs of my house. I crease my eyebrows, then pause my kdrama. I sat up. "What the.." I mumble to myself. The clanking is loud and messy.

"Minseo? What the heck is going on."

"Uh..I think someone is here.." I say softly. "Im Jaebum??"

"No. He's out, plus he wouldn't make this much noise because he thinks i'm asleep." I explain. Downstairs, it sounded like a ton of things were dropping to the floor.

"Do you need to me to come over?"

"Shh.." I shush him. I'm scared to be honest. It's dark, i'm home alone, or so I think. I put the phone that was on speaker, closer to my mouth. Then I whisper shakily,

"Youngjae..I think my house is being invaded..."