33

"Youngjae what did you say...?"

Jaebum's eyes pierced on Youngjae. I gulped, hard. I turned and it looked like Yugyeom was sweating too. I look back at Youngjae and slowly took my hand away from his mouth.

It's over. I can't do anything now.

Youngjae looked at me hopelessly. "U-Uhm..I said..hey little Min..I kis- wished you a happy birthday?" Youngjae lies. I raise an eyebrow.

"Her birthday was in March." My brother says. He scratches his head, "Yeah I guess it's kind of late..?"

I smile to myself secretly. He's so cute.

"Well what're you doing."

"Huh?"

"Get in the car."

"Oh! Sorry.."

Youngjae opened the door and I scooted to the other side. He sat his suitcase in the back. I held my hand over my heart and let out a breath. Jaebum started driving.

We were on a bridge and still driving. I guess we're going out of town. Jaebum had earphones in, Yugyeom was asleep. Me and Youngjae were awake and talking.

"Did you get my last text I sent you..?" He asked. I took out my phone to check. "Hm..lemme see."

I held it up so both of us could see. He pointed to something on my screen,

"Erm..who's that?"

"Hm?"

I looked to where he was pointing. Oh..
It was his new contact name. Ugh gosh this is so embarrassing.

He took my phone and held it to his face. "My lil baby Youngjae is just so cute I could just scream?" Then he laughed like it's funny. My face got red.

"I-I meant to change that..gimme my phone." I took it from his hands. I changed his contact name to SunshineJae.

Youngjae held his hand over his heart and let out a aww.

I hit him playfully in the shoulder.

He shifted in his seat and faced me. "So, I wanted to ask..why was your brother so scary earlier?"
I put my phone down and looked to him, "He's always been like that with me around boys.."

"Care to explain?"

"Well it was this one time in 11th grade when a boy came to my house with flowers.."

~I was casually sitting on the couch with earphones stuck in my ear, not hearing anything. Then Jaebum went to the front door and opened it. I guess someone was there. I lifted my head to check who it was, and I realized it was someone familiar. That boy who's name I don't remember. I think it was K- nevermind. Anyways, he had flowers in his hands. I'm guessing they were for me, if they were for Jaebum it'd be awkward.

Anyways, since I had earphones in my ear, I couldn't hear what they were saying and it was all inaudible. I just watched them. The boy was talking to Jaebum with a smile. I'm guessing he said my name somewhere cause I could read his lips. I smiled in all my cockiness. I guess i'll have to break that boys' heart sooner or later. But I think Jaebum did that for me. But he didn't break his heart though.

Jaebum snatched the flowers from the boys hands and plucked him on the forehead, signaling for him to leave. I stood and took my earphones out both ears with one hand. Now instead of music, all I heard were curse words and swearing. The poor boy looked scared to death. When the boy refused to leave, Jaebum picked him up by the collar with his hands alone. My jaw dropped. Jaebum literally threw him out. ~

"...and that happened with every boy that came my way. Even since middle school. And there was this one time Jaebum even punched a boy who liked me, in the face!" I explained.

Youngjae's face turned pale white. Was he okay? Did I scare him? I hope Jaebum doesn't scare him away..

His eyes was a bit big. "That's why i'm waiting for so long.." I say. Youngjae nods, "I understand."
I bunched my lips together. But Youngjae turned and looked at me, "Wait, but what about Jackson?"

"Oh. For some reason he likes him. I guess it's because Jackson is the brother of his friend Mark." I say.

"Yeah but you aren't dating Jackson." Youngjae rolls his eyes. Whoa..calm down baby boy. I wrapped my arms around his arm and held it tight. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know..I am Choi Youngjae's girlfriend." I say. Youngjae smiled and held onto me too.

"You better be.." Youngjae said. I laughed. Jaebum looked at me, I don't know why he looked confused. I mean, what was I-

Oh no.

He took his earphones out. "Minseo what're you doing?"

I gulped.

I forgot I was practically stuck Youngjae with my arms wrapped around him. Youngjae didn't move a muscle. I shouldn't have told him those stories from before.

"Uhh..I was just...uhm..reaching for my earphones!" I lie. I look over to Youngjae side. "Oh no..they're not here.." I say in a sarcastic tone.

I scoot away from Youngjae and look outside. "Do you want mine?" Jaebum offers. "No." I say a bit annoyed. Jaebum is ruining everything.

I looked at Youngjae and he looks at me. He mouths,

"We're gonna have to tell him sooner or later anyway.."