Chapter 31

"And... then?"

"Then I walked out."

"Walked out... of the room?"

"The house."

"Sally!" Briana groaned, "What, you... you can't just show him the video and walk out without an explanation."

"I think it was pretty self-explanatory," I nodded at her and looked down again, continuing to pick at the white duvet of my bed.

"Yeah, he's gonna think you're a pornstar now," She raised her brows at me, but I only shrugged. To be honest, I didn't even care what Liam thought now. He wanted the truth, he got it. What he thought of it was his own business.

I heard Briana sigh as I looked out the window, "Do you... do you think he watched the whole thing?"

I shrugged again, "Maybe. I doubt it. Rarely anyone can watch it. But it's Liam, so... I don't know."

"Still, I think..." Bri began after a short silence. "I think you should have at least explained... what exactly happened."

"It doesn't matter now," I said, turning my head to look at her, a bitter smile on my face. "He doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Sally." Her tone actually made me shiver. "Do you really believe that?"

"Yes, I haven't talked to him in weeks."

"That's because you keep avoiding him!" She raised her voice at me, shaking her head from her position at the foot of my bed. "You're skipping Music class because you know he'd be there, you go to a grocery store to buy breakfast because you know he always has breakfast in the canteen-"

"It's best that way," I cut her off – I really didn't want to start yet another fight about Liam with her.

"But you love him," She said in a bit of a desperate voice, making me feel as if my heart had sank to my stomach. "I know you do, and he loves you too-"

"He doesn't," I said stubbornly, even though I knew she wasn't going to listen to me. She hasn't been listening to me for the past two weeks anyway – just now she found out about the details.

"He does," She tried assuring me – and failed, at that. "I don't really know him that well, but I know he's not the kind of person to just throw that word around."

"Do you really think he loves me?" I asked loudly, raising my eyes at Briana. I was trying to stay calm, but this conversation obviously wasn't going to end without an argument. "Do you really think he loves me after what he's seen? Briana, my parents wanted to disown me when they found out about it."

"Yeah, and then they wanted to sue Avery's ass when you explained to them what really happened." I literally felt my body wince at his name. "Besides, I don't even think Liam would care about what people say. He's probably trying to track him down and beat his ass up, as we speak."

I couldn't help but smile at that; even though I was pretty – completely – sure Liam wasn't doing that, it was nice to think that someone would. My parents mostly cared about what people would think so, yeah, it would've been nice to have someone like Briana. She was the only one of my friends who knew – and didn't mind at all – as it wasn't something I went around talking about.

"I'm sure his opinion on you didn't change because of this." She reached out for my hand, "If he actually loves you, it didn't."

"I can't afford to think like that," I said, and pulled my hand away from her, crossing my arms over my chest. Yes, I wanted Liam not to care about the whole damn thing, but how could he not? I really couldn't afford thinking he still felt the same, because if he didn't, it would break me. And he probably didn't, so talking about it was just pointless.