Chapter 7

I sighed for the tenth time in the past five minutes, as Briana found something wrong in the way I look yet again.

"I really think I look fine," I said, looking at my face in the small mirror, but my best friend only shook her head.

"You'll probably look better without eye shadow..." She took a tissue and pressed it against the tap to dampen it a little bit, before bringing it to my eyelids. "... And with eye liner!"

She cheered for herself as I groaned; there was really no need for me to be all dolled up. Not at work, where a Holcomb could flutter down the stairs and catch me playing with make up with my best friend. Not for Liam, whom I couldn't care less about.

The only reason I agreed on this nonsense is because I wanted to show Dominick what he was missing out on. And being the little stalker that I am, I knew he didn't like skirts and short dresses, so I wore tight black jeans, along with a purple neon shirt and white converse, with a leather jacket to keep me warm until we got to the party.

I was definitely going to do something stupid there, such as pretending to be drunk and accidentally kissing him. Because, being the chicken that I am, I could never tell a guy how I actually felt about him. Indirection was my true best friend.

"There!" Briana chirped after a minute, and I blinked a couple of times, before looking at myself in the mirror. Hm, she was right, eye liner does fit me better than eye shadow.

"That's actually really good," I muttered, for a second admiring the way I looked, but quickly snapping out of it. "Okay, gather all of this shit, Mary or Peter could come down and fire my ass," I said, adjusting my hair one last time in the mirror, before throwing it in Briana's little purse.

"Jeez, aren't you an excited little thing." She glared at me, but quickly zipped her purse after stuffing all of the make up back in. Just as she did, the door of the shop opened.

"Good e-" I started, but then looked up and cut myself off by groaning quietly; Liam. The hell was he doing there, it was 8:20!

He didn't say anything for a few seconds; just stood at the door stupidly, eyeing me from head to toe. A small smile appeared on his face as he started walking toward the counter, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"You look nice tonight," He said quietly, and sat on one of the barstools, right across from me. I nodded and muttered a 'thanks', before walking off to the sink to wash the mugs that were there. I heard Briana and Liam talk, mostly about the party, but soon the water blocked out their voices.

It wasn't until 20 minutes later that I've gotten everything done and in order, and could finally sit down with my best friend and Liam.

I slumped down on the chair on my side of the counter, and they both looked at me. Briana had an excited smile on her face, and was even bouncing in her seat. Liam was also smiling, though his smile was different than Briana's; it was because of something I couldn't quite pick out. Not that I cared, anyway; he was just something that would help me carry out the plan.

"Um..." Speaking of the devil, I looked up at him to see he was looking at his watch. "It's 8:45. You guys ready?" He looked at Briana and I, and while she nodded and stood up, I continued sitting on my chair. It was warm and I was tired, I didn't want to leave yet. Pout.

"Ready, Nora?" I looked up at Liam, who was also looking at me, dead serious. It was kind of funny how he still hadn't found out what my name is. I was beginning to like Nora, anyway.

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p' in the end, and stood up. I noticed Liam looking at my body before returning his eyes back up to mine, and smiling nervously. When he turned around to follow Briana out, I shook my head; what an idiot.