Chapter 3

"Great. Thanks Nick." I grinned at the black haired guy in front of me, and he smiled back.

"No problem Sal. Have fun." I nodded at him, and went further down the shop, my smile disappearing as soon as I was sure he couldn't see me anymore. It was official; Dominick really was the most oblivious guy I'd ever met. Did he really think I went to the stupid music store he worked at just so I could ask him for new CDs? Five times per week? I was clearly doing something wrong, but I was determined to fix it. He was the first guy I'd liked since I was 16; I'd forgotten how nice it felt to have a crush on someone you actually know in person, instead of people on posters that you had all over the walls of your room.

I sighed again, and sat on a stool where the guitars were, and picked up the black acoustic one. It was my favourite one, but seeing as I was saving money for an apartment, a car, and to pay uni, I really couldn't afford the beauty that was in my arms. Luckily, I'd asked Dominick not to let anyone buy it. Thank God he was smart when it came to that.

I played a few chords, and smiled at how sweetly tuned it was. No one had re-tuned it since the last time I was there. It was quite lame, but I loved just sitting there, playing the guitar and maybe sing when no one was around.

Which reminded me... I looked around, making sure that no one was there, before clearing my throat and starting a low beat song.

It took me a few seconds to get lost in it, but as soon as I did, I started singing as well.

All I am, is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach, but I stand
In California, with my toes in the sand

For some reason, that song made me think about Los Angeles, and how lovely it would be to live there. No bad weather, no winter, barely any rain; lovely. Even though I'm a big fan of the rain, and even a bigger one of thunderstorms, I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to be woken up by the sunshine that managed to light up your room early in the morning. That had never happened to me here, in Wolverhampton. Ugh, even the name of my hometown was annoying, to me. Pretty much everything annoyed me; my school, teachers, parents, even some friends, and some particular people that breathe the same air as me.

And if I may just take your breath away
I don't mind if there's not much to say
Sometimes the silence guides our minds
And move to a place so far away

I let out a small sigh as I sang. I never imagined myself alone in LA; Dominick was always there. Sometimes he was holding my hand as we walked down the beach, and sometimes he was lending me his hoodie because it was too cold, not caring that he would probably freeze... And then we'd go back to the flat that we shared, and I'd warm him up my own special way... Wow, that was some dream.

"Woah, I didn't know you could sing, Nora."

My breath hitched in my throat, and I immediately lost rhythm; there was only one person that called me Nora, and so help me God, he was going to die as soon as I laid my eyes on him.

"I am going to choke you," I said, and looked up at Liam; he was smiling at me, though it turned into a smirk after my statement.

"Oh, should I be afraid? Of the girl who sings 'one love, two mouths, one love, one home' or something like that?" He retorted, and I could feel actual steam coming out of my ears. How dare he insult my favourite song.

"You're a real prick, you know that?" I carefully placed the guitar back in its place before I did something stupid with it, and stood up to face Liam. We both had our arms crossed, though it was pretty obvious who would win if we got in a fight; my body practically resembled a stick, while his biceps were threatening to tear up the leather jacket that he was wearing.