Chapter 14

~A/N~

First off, I'm really sorry for neglecting this story for such a long time. good news is, it's slowly going off hiatus and I'm going to start updating more frequently again!
Now, you might want to reread the previous one or two chapters, just so you remember what last happened. okay. sorry again. xx

≡unedited≡

*******

"You're kidding me," I said for the umpteenth time, never losing the grin on my face.

"Nope," Briana repeated on the other line, and I could hear the smile on her face as well.

"And they said we can move in in two months? Less than two months?" The grin on my face became wider at the thought of finally having my own place. Well, a place that I shared with my best friend, but that's even better!

"Yup, after New Year's," She said and I couldn't hold my squeal back, making Bri laugh. That phone call I got from her, was the best thing that's happened to me the entire day. After banging my head against walls because of exams, Liam and what Nick told me to do the previous week, I needed to hear something as good as that.

"It's got only one room, but-"

"No, I don't care," I cut Briana off, shaking my head even though she couldn't see me. "If it's got a toilet and a sink, that's all I need!"

Briana laughed again, "So what're you doing tonight? I was thinking, since it's Friday, we could go out-"

"Nah," I immediately cut her off, sighing as I did. "I'm having Liam and his family over for dinner. Mum won't let me leave the house unless it's on fire. She even got me a day off at Holcomb's."

She chuckled on the other line, "That's okay. How are you and Liam, by the way? Was he there when you babysat his sister?"

I sighed again, looking at the ceiling as I felt nearly all of my joy from a minute ago leave me. What should I tell her first? That he kissed me, or... that he kissed me? I could barely even remember his sister in all of that mess, the only thing on my mind was... that he kissed me.

"Sally!" I almost jumped off my bed as I heard my mum's voice from downstairs; looks like the guests have arrived.

"Jesus, even I could hear her," Briana laughed into the speaker, momentarily making me forget about mum yelling and start laughing with her too.

"To be fair, she's been excited about this since Wednesday," I said, playing with the duvet underneath me. That is, until I heard her voice again. Ugh.

"You better go," Bri said through a sigh, sounding the way I felt.

"Yeah," I nodded, "She's gonna flip if I don't."

"But wait," She said before I could say goodbye and hang up, "What are you hiding from me? What happened with Liam?"

Her voice was becoming frantic, but as I heard footsteps outside my room, I found that I didn't care. "I am going to tell you about that tomorrow, bye!" The beginning of my sentence was slow, a complete contrast to how rushed my voice was at the end of it, when I hung up. Just when the door of my room opened.

"Sweetie," My dad poked his head through the small space the door was creating, "You should come downstairs before mum decides she wants a criminal record."

Just as I thought. I nodded, and got off my bed, looking at myself in the mirror one more time. Black leggings and a black tanktop, good enough for dinner with people I don't even like.