Chapter 15

~A/N~

I made this extra long since it took me a while to update. enjoy! x

≡unedited≡

*******

“What the…” I gasped into the speaker of my phone, “What the hell are you doing here?”

It took me a few seconds to really wrap my head around the fact that Liam was there, clinging onto the gate of my house at two in the morning, absolutely hammered as I watched him from my bedroom window.

“I was out,” He said swiftly, “And… I’m pretty shit-faced and can’t really go home.”

Honestly, I was surprised that he could even speak. “So you called me and came here?” I said in a bit of a harsh tone; he just woke me up at 2:14 in the morning and told me to look out my window. This wasn’t the same person I talked to earlier.

“Well yeah, your house is closer to the clubs than mine.” Oh, well that makes perfect sense.

“Liam…” I sighed, “What am I supposed to do?” I smiled again as he let go of the gate to adjust his beanie, thus nearly falling over for the second time; for some odd reason, I really wanted to be down there with him.

“Well, you could get me a glass of water for a start,” He said, hiccupping in the middle of his sentence, “And then you could take a walk with me.”

“What?” I said, louder than I should have. “Are you serious right now?”

“Yeah,” He whined, “Come on Sal, I need it.”

“No way, Liam.” After running out to stop him from leaving earlier, in just a tanktop, the idea of going out again seemed murderous to me. “No way.”

“Come on,” He repeated, holding the word out, sounding a lot like a toddler begging for an ice cream. “I can’t go home like this, I’m sloshed. It won’t do you any harm… on the contrary, in fact.”

I bit back a laugh at his choice of words, and took a deep breath. It didn’t seem like that bad of an idea; it was Friday- well, Saturday already, which meant no school in the morning. My parents didn’t have work either so I’d most likely be home before they wake up. And the thought of everything that could happen during this ‘walk’ of ours only made me want to run out of the house like it’s on fire even more.

“I can’t believe I’m actually thinking about this,” I shook my head, thanking the Lord that my parents’ room wasn’t facing the front yard, and they couldn’t see the drunken idiot. Liam and I would probably be dead right now.

“I can,” He retorted, “I know you want to.” Even with being about 30 feet away from him, I could see the smirk that was on his face. I almost wanted to tell him no, just because he knew that I actually didn’t want to.

“You’re unbelievable,” I shook my head, and bit my lip.

“Ugh, just stop wasting time and get down here already,” He actually sounded sober for a second, and then hiccupped; I nodded to myself, silently agreeing to take this walk with him. I knew his parents; they didn’t really seem like they would be okay with him coming home at three in the morning, drunk beyond words. So yeah, I’m gonna do this for his parents’ sake. Yep.

God, not even I believed that.

“Sally? Babe?” He called, and I sighed again, admitting defeat.

“I’ll be down in a minute,” I smiled, and once again noticed a grin spreading across his face too.

“That’s my girl.” Why did those words of his make my smile wider? “Don’t forget that glass of water.”