Chapter 26

Just calm down will you? jesus

But that little text that Liam had sent me nearly twenty minutes ago, had the complete opposite effect on me; after having two large cups of beer and talking to three strangers, I was beginning to have enough of his shit.

After I got sick of staring out the window as well, I pushed my way through the wicked crowd of property, and found my way to the couch in the large living room, where at least 10 people were sat.

I've been sitting here with strangers for 30 mins, how can i calm down?

My reply to him didn't even remotely express how pissed I was at him. The only reason I wasn't kicking things was because it was Christmas; as angry I was at Liam, I was more excited about Christmas.

And also the fact that I was in somebody else's house, and that I didn't know the people. I surely wouldn't want to pay for the holes in a stranger's doors.

Im on my way. btw the reason im so slow is because i didnt get my christmas present

Who would have thought that he would actually make me smile while I'm angry at him?

I bit my lip and locked my phone, accepting that I was in for another ten minutes – at the least, of wandering around the huge house.

"Still no Liam?" Good thing I asked Briana to come back with me. It's as if I knew he was going to screw something up.

"Still no Liam," I sighed and looked at the carpet as she sat on the armrest next to me.

"That's weird," She said, "I mean, I thought he wouldn't be able to stay away from you, now that... well, now."

I immediately rolled my eyes as she trailed off; I didn't even need to ask what she meant by that.

"That's hilarious," I sighed again. I definitely learned something good this week; never tell Briana when you've slept with someone. She won't give you a minute of peace.

"What, I'm just trying to make you feel better," She explained. "Like, I know I'm probably not as good at doing that as Liam, but..."

"Really, am I ever going to hear the last of this?" I finally looked up at her amused face; it became even more entertained as I did.

"Yes, you are, but not yet. It's too fun for me to stop now."

She was actually right; even with the not-so-great-night that was going on, she did make me feel a little better. She was also right about not being as good at it as Liam was.

"Thank you," I said, a little sarcastically as I looked over at the hallway – again. And no sign of Liam. Again.

"Welcome," I could hear the grin on Bri's face, "Of course, I can't guarantee you'll hear the last of Liam just as soon, if you know what I mean."

I lightly shook my head; I'd be an idiot if I didn't know. "Hey, where're you going?" Briana asked loudly as I stood up, and started walking around the sofa.

"I'm gonna be in that room from before, you know?" I said, and she nodded firmly to assure me she knew which room I am as talking about. "So... if you see Liam, tell him where I am."

The slight smile on her face disappeared and was replaced by a gaping expression; lips parted, eyes widened. Yeah, it was obvious what she thought I was up to.

But no, I'd never have sex in a stranger's bed. I can't guarantee Liam would feel the same about it, though.

I shook my head again, this time to get rid of the dumb thoughts as I pushed through the crowd of people – some of them even being students I've seen around campus – and made my way to the large bedroom I left about ten minutes ago. It was definitely the most peaceful room in the house; if I opened the window, I probably wouldn't hear the music either. Which was actually a pretty good idea; it was freezing cold, yes, but I was ready to strangle someone if I had to listen to yet another Taylor Swift song.