Chapter 13

I sighed as I slowly walked into the music store, barely even looking at my long time crush.

"Hi Sal," I heard Dominick say, and only waved at him, before continuing to walk down the aisle. It was officially the first time I've 'ignored' him ever since I first laid eyes on him.

I think he said something after I greeted him like that, but I really didn't pay any attention. I was in too bad of a mood to be around people I like. And it was all his fault; that damned prick from my Music class.

The first thing I wanted to do was pick up the guitar I'd been practically in love with for the past few months, but then I noticed the drum kit. I've never been much of a drummer or anything even remotely similar, but in that very moment, it seemed like the most brilliant idea I've had all day. Certainly better than letting Liam kiss me.

A frustrated sigh left my lips when he crossed my mind, again. I quickly pulled my hair up in a ponytail, not even wanting to know how ridiculous I probably looked, and sat behind the drums. At first, my drumming was light, not creating much noise as I'd never really done it before. Not in public, anyway. But when I replayed that scene from his hallway—for the hundredth time since I'd left his house an hour before—I found that I didn't care about the people who were in the shop and would probably run out screaming when I started playing harder.

Which is exactly what I did. Before I knew it, my hands were aiming everywhere with those thin drumsticks and I was making a lot of noise, while only one thought firmly kept itself in my brain; how could he?

How could he. How could he do that to me? How could he just come up to me, and kiss me like that? How could he even think it was a good idea? You don't just walk over to people and try to suck their faces off in the best fucking way possible.

That's actually what made me the angriest; the way he did it. If it was anything like that kiss from Sunday night, I would have pulled away from him and slapped him across the face immediately. Which is what I thought about doing the first time he kissed me.

But, no. Fucking no. He had to do it differently. Not just differently, but... better. So freaking better. So much better to the point where I literally couldn't believe that I was being snogged by the same person. By the same fucking twat.

I'm not just comparing those two kisses of ours to each other; I'm comparing them to every other kiss I've ever had. And as ridiculous as it may sound, both were the worst and best ones in my life. The best one though, pissed me off.

It pissed me off how good it was. How I was actually enjoying myself while kissing Liam. How I actually kissed him back, and that was the last thing I thought I'd ever do. How he made me feel like I was on cloud nine at first, and then so confused about every single thing. Up until those 20 seconds in the hallway of his house, I thought I hated him. My feelings toward him were hatred with a pinch of tolerance because of school and our parents.

And then he does that. He takes my words too seriously and gives me the best kiss of my life. I never thought I'd be angry about it, but it was simply the fact that he did it, that almost literally drove me to a mental hospital.

Oh, if my mother only knew what she'd caused... I could have been able to walk into the house with a chainsaw and not have her surprised about it. But now I guess that's going to hell too.

"Hey..." I heard a voice, fairly distant so I didn't pay any attention to it. It was probably Nick telling some kids to stop stealing guitar picks and drumsti-

"Hey!" Just like that, my vigorous drumming was stopped by a pair of hands atop of mine. I slowly looked up, the silence that fell around me and that person almost deafening.