Chapter 20

"Sally? Babe?" I felt a cold hand on my arm, causing me to groan and bury my head further in the pillow. But I was having a dream about Tom Felton...

"Sal, wake up."

"Go away," I frowned, trying to bat Liam's hand away but he grabbed my wrist, and forced me to turn on my back.

"No," He said, and as I peeked at him from under my eyelashes, I saw a small smile on his face. He was obviously enjoying torturing me. "You have to, the car is fixed but we're gonna be late for school if you don't get up."

If I was fully awake, I would have probably rolled my eyes at him and maybe even had a comeback, but this way, I could only blink at him before his words sunk into my brain. "Where are my mints?"

He chuckled at what I'd said, since it had nothing to do with what he was telling me, and looked at the small desk next to my bed. "Here you go," He said and dropped the pack of Tic Tacs on my stomach, and proceeded to laugh as I quickly picked it up with a childish grin on my face. They were my only source of nice breath in the dump we were staying at over the night.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I put about five or six mints in my mouth. Liam stayed in his spot as he watched me being weird, leaned over, his arms on either side of my body. I'm sure I would have felt differently about it if I wasn't half conscious. "What's the time?"

He took my wrist again and took a look at my wristwatch, "Seven-twenty, but we need to go to Wolverhampton-"

"Liam."

"-And first go to my home, then yours, which is gonna take us about-"

"Liam!" I whined again, his talking making me want to cry because of how tired I still was. He looked up at me, his eyebrows raised, as if he had no idea why I sounded like I was about to burst into tears. "Class doesn't start until 9:15. Come to bed."

"What?" His eyebrows came down in a frown, "Sally, did you not hear anything of what I've said?"

"Yes, I have. Now come back to bed," I mumbled and pulled the end of the duvet toward me so he would get in. Liam blinked at me a few times before slowly, hesitantly even crawled in next to me. I turned toward him and clung myself to his sweatshirt as soon as he pulled the quilt over himself, and felt his hand on my hip after a few seconds.

The reason he was being so timid and diffident, was most likely because he was wondering whether or not I was the same girl he fell asleep next to the previous evening. Given that I was either angry or moody - or both - the entire time.

And now I'd invited him back to bed and had my arms around him. I don't think he was even as confused as he should have been.

"Um..." Liam started after about a minute, when I'd actually started falling asleep again; his body was too warm and comfortable for me to stay awake next to him. "Who are you and what did you do to Sally Dustin?"

I giggled in the crook of his neck; it was probably the first - or one of the first times, I'd ever giggled in his presence. "Relax, she'll be back in about half and hour, when she fully wakes up," I said with a smile as I twirled the remains of the mints in my mouth, before swallowing them.

"Damn." Liam replied to that, making me laugh loudly this time. "But I'm beginning to like this version of her."

"Yeah, who would miss the bitter and pissy version of her?"

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I love that version too," He chuckled, his answer surprising me a little since I wasn't even expecting him to reply to my rhetorical question. "It's the version I fell i- um..."