Chapter 10

"Does anyone want more salt? Dad? Mrs. Dustin? Sally?"

I gripped my fork tighter as that baboon's ass said my name again, probably for the fiftieth time in the past 30 minutes. I swear, it was the angriest dinner I've ever had.

While his dad and my mum politely said 'no, thank you,' I kept staring at him, my eyes narrowed in a glare, that had lost its meaning since I'd been been doing it the entire night.

"Salt, Sally?" Ugh, there he goes again. If I'd known he'd be acting this way, I would have told him my name immediately, that day at Holcomb's when I told him it's Nora.

I'm gonna miss that one.

"Sally?" As I noticed him waving his hand in front of my face, since he'd been sitting across from me at the long table, I couldn't help but think how great it would be if I could just bite it off. And eat it in front of him. Along with his other body parts.

I knew he didn't care if I wanted any fucking salt; he just wanted to say my name as often as he could, and make up for all the times he had to call me Nora.

"No. Thank you," I finally said, trying to make my voice as casual as possible, but it was still stern on some level. I just really didn't need my parents assuming something, anything.

I let out a shaky sigh as the adults continued their conversation, and concentrated on my food again. I was already eating my second plate of french fries and a rather large piece of white meat. Not to mention my third glass of Coke.

All because of the prick across from me, that hadn't lost the smile on his face since he laid eyes on me.

Speaking of the devil, the bastard had barely touched his food; he'd spent at least 10 minutes of the last 30, staring at me, with a small, smug smile on his stupid face. I was surprised that his parents, or mine, hadn't seen him already.

"Sal, you okay?" My head snapped to the left, so I'd look at my dad, who was looking at me with a frown on his face.

"Um, yeah, why?"

"Nothing, you just... Look like you haven't eaten in months."

My desire to kill Liam increased when he started laughing, loudly at first, but then he put his arm over his mouth to muffle the sounds. Still, I could hear his hahaha's and it only made me grip my fork tighter, this time digging my nails into my skin.

Wait til you're alone with him Sal, I told myself. Then you can do one of those kinky scenes from Fifty Shades, with the ropes and stuff... But instead of ending them with sex, you could actually kill him.

For some reason, that wicked thought made me relax a little; I decided to really wait until we're alone, so I could give him a piece of my mind. But it won't have anything to do with Fifty Shades. Thank God.

"Hey, um," I heard my mum, and looked at her this time. Her head was turned toward me, but she was looking at the table, probably thinking of what to say.

"Are you, um, you done with your dinner Sal?" I immediately started nodding, and stood up rather urgently. I knew her question meant we'd be going home, I just knew it.

"Well good then, because we'd like to talk about some adult stuff, you know, a more serious conversation, so..." No. Nope. I refuse to believe you're going with this where I think you're going, mum.

"If you and Liam could kindly go somewhere, like watch TV or something, that'd be great," She said with a humorous smile.

For a second, I think everything froze. Or at least I did; I stopped breathing for a few moments, my eyes glued to my mother's face with a not so happy expression.