Chapter 8

~A/N~

It's adorable how everyone thinks Liam is the Hero.. hehe enjoy! :D

*******

How long could people go without breathing? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. I never thought kissing could be so entertaining, that you literally can't stop for a second to take a breath. Now when I think about it though...

"Nora?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and finally looked away from Nick and Ruby, to look at Liam. He was still standing really close to me, observing my face as I observed the owners of the poor pair of lungs.

"Hm?" I said, licking my lips in order to hide my nervousness. Why the hell was I nervous though? I wasn't going to kiss him for any purpose other than to make Dominick jealous. That is, if he doesn't die from lack of air.

"You okay?" Liam asked, tilting his head to the side, purposely leaning toward me. I stayed in place; I had to do it. I couldn't chicken out, so I just nodded, answering his question.

"Okay," He muttered, looking down for a second, before looking back up at me. And just like a few minutes ago, I almost got a heart attack again, when his face got a little too close to mine, again. It was pretty obvious he was expecting me to do something, since I dragged him in the middle of a room and stood unnaturally close to him.

He was right about expecting that. Because I was going to kiss him. Yep.

Relax Sal, the voice inside my head said, making me let out a small sigh. It's just a kiss. It's not like you've never kissed a guy you haven't had feelings for.

I nodded to myself, listening to the person in my head, and took a step closer to Liam, if that was even possible. When he noticed me moving, he stood straighter, but didn't really look like he knew what to do with himself; I heard him mumble a barely audible 'um' as he made weird gestures with his arms, obviously not knowing what to do and where to put them. Eventually, a few seconds later, he hesitantly put them on my waist.

I was aware that that was a good thing, but I didn't know why I wasn't feeling like it wasn't. Maybe that's just how much I didn't like Liam.

I stared at my feet for several seconds, before slowly looking up at him. When our eyes met, I felt my stomach do weird backflips; like something wasn't right. I mean, of course it wasn't right, I was going to kiss a guy that I don't even like.

Jesus, even that thought didn't feel right. Not the part where I was going to kiss a guy... But the one where I didn't like the guy. For some reason, it didn't feel right to think that. To think that I didn't like Liam.

I took a deep breath; I was obviously going nuts because of all of this. I might as well get it over with.

Kind of shakily, my hands found Liam's cheeks, and while he shouldn't have, he widened his eyes in shock. He quickly collected himself though, when I stood on my tiptoes, making myself as tall as him, and leaned slightly forward.

Our faces were just like a couple of minutes before, only this time, Liam was the frozen one. I wish he wasn't though; I wish he would just lean an inch forward, and begin this already. Or should I say, end it.

Just as I'd started leaning forward, I thought about how it would feel to kiss him. I didn't want to believe it, but I didn't think Dominick and his possible jealousy would be the only thing in my head if I kissed the boy in front of me. I was almost sure I'd feel something; and I was afraid that it wouldn't be a bad feeling.

Liam leaned toward me, not enough to connect our lips though; only our foreheads. My eyes fluttered closed, and my breathing became heavy for some reason. I would have loved to be able to say something like "What the fuck is going on with me?" again, but sadly, this time I knew exactly what was off.