Chapter 19

I sighed as I crawled in the backseat of Liam's car, scooting over to the right so he'd have enough space to sit as well. I looked at my watch, and as soon as I read 2:35, I didn't know what I wanted to do more; sleep, or cry. But given the current situation, I was more likely going to cry.

"So..." He started after a short silence, picking at the material of the seat. "Who did you call?"

I pressed my lips together before answering, "Briana, and... if my parents call, she's gonna tell them that I spent the night at her house because I was too drunk to go home."

Liam huffed at my lie, "They're gonna hate me now."

"Well what do you suggest, should I have called them and told them we're in the middle of nowhere because you can't drive a car, even when you're sober?"

I looked at him, just in time to see him lower his head and look at his legs. I hated being mean to him, especially when my bitterness was the thing we needed least, but I just couldn't hold it in. This is definitely the most pissed I ever was at him, and I was shocked at how well I was controlling it so far.

"Anyway," I sighed, deciding to save my anger for when he manages to anger me even more, "Who did you call?"

"My dad's best friend, who's a mechanic," He said, looking at his reflection in the window.

"What did he tell you to do?"

"Let the engine cool down, which isn't that hard," He mumbled, referring to the low temperature. "He promised he wouldn't call my dad, and I told him what highway we're on, and the registration plate of the car. He told me he'd be here as early as he can."

"How early is that?"

"Six, maybe six-thirty in the morning."

I closed my eyes at the information; there was officially absolutely no way we could get home tonight. "Won't your parents be worried that you're not home?"

"I'll tell them I was in my flat, that's my smallest problem."

I nodded and pulled my legs up on the seat, hugging my knees to my chest. It was cold in the car, and I was starting to feel it too. "Could you turn on the heating?"

"No, I'd have to turn the engine on, so unless you wanna die in an explosion..."

Never have I tried to not hit someone so hard in my life. "We're gonna freeze to death here," I mumbled against my knees, rocking myself back and forth in an attempt to warm myself up. What a lame attempt.

"Um..." Liam looked around, and I knew that he was looking for something to cover us up with, but we didn't bring anything. We bought ourselves food and drinks at the festival, and sat on benches the entire time. "Come here."

I looked up at him, to see him shifting closer to me, and put his arm around me. If I wasn't near to shaking I would have pushed him away, but now I leaned into him, pressing my ice cube of a nose against the crook of his neck. His hand was on the back of my head, his lips leaving lazy kisses along my forehead. I put my hand on his thigh, pulling myself closer to him, but the heat that was radiating off his body wasn't getting to me quickly enough.

"You good now?" Even though I was still close to shaking, I nodded at his question. Liam placed his other hand over mine, and almost hissed at how cold it was. "Jesus, you're freezing."

"Yeah," I said, my tone rather sarcastic, and snuggled further into him. I'm surely gonna get warmer like this, eventually.

"No," Liam surprised me as he shook his head. "Um... this might help."