Marry Young

Callie's POV

Brandon sits on the edge of my bed, a cup of blackened coffee in his one hand, as he uses his left hand to scroll through his phone. He shifts over as he realizes that I'm awake, resting his head in my lap. I run my fingers through his hair.

" Babe, you need a shower. Your hair is greasy and you smell-bad." I say, laughing.

" I smell bad, huh?" He says as he tugs me down on the bed. He brings his lips to mine as he says, " I think I'm going to take a quick shower, want to join me?"

I break away from him, ignoring his question. Taking a sip of his coffee, I ask, " What are you scrolling through?"

He slides his phone over to me, as I lay next to him. 

" Reception halls. They're expensive for two college kids." Brandon says, as he clearly overwhelmed.

" B-" I say as I rub his shoulders. " Are you sure you want this?" I say softly.

He automatically sits up and looks at me, " Of course- I've loved you since I was sixteen. If- if you don't feel- if we're rushing-" Brandon looks down as he finishes, his voice soft and broken, " I understand." 

I pull him close to me and smiling I say, " I love you- and I want to marry you. Just me and you- and our family. How about a backyard- like Moms' did."

Smiling Brandon says, " Sounds perfect." 

Pulling him into a kiss I say, " Is that shower deal- still on?"