Part 2: The Wedding

24 Year Old Callie's POV

" Do you Callie Jacob take Brandon Foster to be your lawfully wedded husband to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?"  Lena's father says, turning to me.

Brandon looks at me, smiling and mouths, " I love you." I smile as I mouth back, " I love you, Foster."

Brandon takes my hands into his as I say, " I do." 

The wedding reception is more than I could have ever dreamt of. Brandon asked a few of his old band mates to play, and Mariana, who picked up an interest in baking had made the delicious, yet a little too binged out for my taste wedding cake. But, somehow it was completely perfect in every way. 

Brandon slips past me, as he whispers in my ear. " Want to sneak off for a little while?" He says, sending chills down my spine.

I pull him back, " Brandon, not here. Later." I say laughing, pulling him in for a kiss. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

" Whatever, Foster." He says mimicking me as he grabs my waist, and leaving a trail of kisses down my neck.

Mari walks over to me, pulling me from Brandon and hugging me. " Cal, you look beautiful." Before I am able to thank her and compliment her on her dress, she takes me hand and starts to dance to the music the band just started playing. Half way through, Brandon comes up and asks Mari if he can dance with me.

The band plays, " Home" by Gabrielle Aplin and suddenly everything, the missing puzzle piece, it all becomes align. I rest my head on Brandon's shoulder, " I can't believe we're married." I say as he pulls me close to him, putting his hand on my waist and hand in hand we dance around the dance floor as if no one is watching.

" I'm sorry, Callie- that you weren't able to work out things with the adoption. I know it was hard for you to not have a family- on paper that is." Brandon says suddenly, clearly upset. " I feel like it's my fault- you had to choose." He says, tearing up.

" Hey- hey" I say wrapping my arms around his neck and wiping the tears from his eyes, " Choosing you was the best thing I ever did. By choosing you, I got a family and a husband, that I adore." I say kissing him on the cheek.

He nods slowly and I know, I have always known that he had carried this guilt for years.

" I want to show you something." I say, taking his hand in mine and walking up the stairs to the room I shared with Mariana.

Pulling out my top drawer, and picking out from under the clutter, I pick up a photo album and sit on the edge of the bed, pulling Brandon next to me. I open the book, revealing a picture of me, my mother, my dad, and Jude. " I had a family- we were happy and everyone felt loved. And then, one day it was just gone. But, when I came her, I finally felt like I got a second chance, a second chance at everything. You gave me that second chance." I say, as I run my fingers through his hair, messing it up.

I hand Brandon the album, and as he flips through the pictures, I rest my head on his lap, as he runs his fingers through my curly mess of a mop. He smiles at pictures of me he has never seen- my first birthday, first day of school, my first everything.

" I've never shown anyone those pictures." I say, not entirely of what I wanted to hide. 

" Why?" Brandon questions. 

" I guess I wanted to keep them all to myself, it was the last thing I had of the Jacob family, and I didn't want to lose that." I say as I begin to tear up. I begin to laugh as Brandon brushes off my tears and he says, " I think we broke a record for the most tears during a wedding."

I roll over and pull Brandon beneath me as I kiss him, through the break of kisses he breathes, " Thank you- for showing me. I know it's something you kept private so long." I smile as I pull closer to him, as he unzips my dress. I rest my head against his heart as I hear it racing. It's funny how after all these years, our hearts still race for each other.