All About Us: Part 1

Brandon's POV

When I was little, I used to lie awake hearing my parents argue. Their arguements had always been silly, nothing more than overdue bills and work. Everything had been a competition with them, who was a better parent, a better police officer, who was more succesful. I always half blamed them for keeping me up at night, as silly as that sounds. And now- at nearly thirty two, a wife of eight years, and three beautiful children- I still can never fall asleep. I suddenly wake up a little past three, to a noise coming from our bathroom. The door is shut, with only a little bit of light coming from it. I get up, walking quickly to the door, knocking softly. 

" Don't come in, Brandon." Callie murmers through tears. I ignore her request opening the door to find Callie doubled over the toliet, vomiting. 

" Cal." I say softly, sitting behind her, holding her hair back with one hand and rubbing small circles trying to comfort her.

" I thought I was pregnant." She whispers, nudging me to look over at a pregnancy test. " What does that mean?" I ask stupidly, peering over at the test.

" It's negative." She says slowly. " Are you upset?" I ask, feeling slightly relieved. With Jack nearly being a year and a half, and two little girls, I feel content with my family, as we are.

" No. I- Brandon I can't-" Callie begins collapsing in my arms, unconcious.

" Callie." I breathe, carrying her into my arms. I call my mother and Lena, praying that they will watch the kids. I wake up Bailey, Maddy, and Jack and shuffle them into the car with a minimal amount of crying, luckily. As I arrive at my parents' house, as they rush out to grab my kids. 

" Thank you." I whisper as my mother softly kisses my check, and then Callie's, whom is regaining concious. 

" Baby, we'll almost there." I say as I take her hand into mine, praying to God for the first time in nearly ten years.

" God," I whisper, " I love her so much. Don't take her, take me. Please, help us." I begin to cry as Callie reaches up towards me, " Don't " She says, brushing the tears from my face.

" I love you." I say slowly as Callie murmers, " I love you, Brandon."

" Don't go. Callie stay with me." I beg as Callie slowly begins to close her eyes.