I'm going to make this place your home

I've never more scared to pull up to my moms' house than at the moment that, hand in hand I pull into the driveway a little past noon. Looking up I see my mom and Stef on the porch, Stef gently rocking Carter in her arms, and Lena running her fingers through his mop of curly brown hair. When we pull up, Lena jumps up and runs down the cement stairs, reaching Callie first and engulfing her in half of a mama sandwhich. My mom walks down slowly, holding Carter in her arms, and pulls me into a hug, and hands Carter over to me. My mom rushes to Callie throwing her into her arms, and Lena kissing my forehead. Finally, my mom and Lena, both mama sandwhich Callie and I.

Lena looks us both over, " How can you two go nearly eight months, without seeing us? Not even coming down for Christmas, it's like you just want to slowly kill us!"

My mom reaches for Lena's hand, " Mama is right, you too better spend every waking moment with us this summer. But, Love, we should probably go fix dinner up, and you two, separate rooms." She says pointing at us.

I put up my hands innocently, " Mom, I'd hate to have it any other way."

Callie pulls onto my hand, wrapping me into a hug, " You know we have to tell them." She whispers.