He was the One

Callie's POV

I pull into the driveway as I glance at a sleeping Brandon. I pull my chair back, as I rest my head against the headrest. Brandon slowly wakes up and wraps his jacket around me. 

" B, now you're just going to be cold." I say as I giggle, hesitantly taking his jacket.

" Don't worry about Cal, I'll be fine as long as I'm here with you." He says smiling and reaching across the divider to brush his lips gently to mine.

" Cuddle next to me?" Brandon asks as he tugs my hand toward him, and I rest my head against his shoulder. Soon we are both asleep as I fall into a dream. I am pulled back to my first day at Anchor Beach, years ago. 

Sixteen Year Old Wyatt's POV

Strolling through the halls of Anchor Beach I spot the new girl from my English Class. I know it's either Cassie or Callie, but I can't embarrass myself in front of such a pretty girl like her. Completely guessing I walk up next to her and ask, " Callie, from English, right?" She takes my arm suddenly and pulls me to the side of the hallway.

She is out of breath as she says, " Yes, can you do me a favor? Do you know where Tahiti is?" She asks as I tell her that I used to live in a complex there with my mom when I was younger. Somehow, she urges me to drive her there. As I hop into my moms' old beat up of Subaru, and try to start the ignation, the car fails on me.

" I'm really sorry, here, I'll take the train with you. It's a short ride, and only a few dollars each way."

" Great." Callie responds quickly as we begin walking to the station.

Sixteen Year Old Callie's POV

Finally being able to find someone to help me find Jude was a true blessing. As we walked towards the train, I bumped into a boy going the other way. Stopping to pick up his books, it turned out to be Brandon on his walk home.

" Oh, hey Callie." Brandon said softly as he stared down an anxious Wyatt.

Something about him had made me nervous from the first time I saw him, not necessarily a bad nervous, kind of the nervous, you feel on your first date.

" Sorry, Brandon." I say as I give him his last few books and hurry to catch Wyatt who has begun walking away.

I call to Wyatt, as he turns around, and crossing his arms, he waves me on to hurry up. I breath a sigh of relief, glad he hadn't given up on me. 

" Don't worry about it-" Brandon begins as he gently pulls at my sleeve, pulling me out of Wyatt's ear reach. 

" Hey, if you think you're going to run away with that guy- he's bad news. Please, walk home with me. My moms are making a really good dinner- and I'm sure you have homework to start-" Brandon says as he pleads with me.

" Listen, I don't want to be any part of your perfect family. Leave me alone, golden boy." I say as I walk away. He softly takes my shoulder and spins me around.

" Hey, I'm not a golden boy- I do a lot of bad things-will you please just come home with me? Leave that guy, he's not worth it." Brandon says as he smiles and takes my hand into his.

" No, thanks, to all of you, for taking me in." I say trying to smile and begin to catch up to a restless Wyatt.

Turning around as I reach Wyatt, I see a heartbroken-looking Brandon stand at the edge of Anchor Beach, his eyes locked onto me, and he turns around and walks away from me. Walks away from my life.

Callie's POV

" No! I made the wrong choice! I love you Brandon! Brandon, please come back!" I begin to scream as Brandon wakes up and pulls me closer to him and leaves a trail of kisses on my cheek.

" Hey, you're safe now. Bad dream, Cal?" Brandon says as he wraps his arms tighter around me.

" Yeah, it was about losing you." I say, as I look into his eyes.

" You're not going to lose me." Brandon says as he smiles and kisses my lips softly.

" Promise?" I ask innocently as he takes me hand and places it against his chest, over his heart.

" I swear to you, on my heart." Brandon says smiling.