All of Me

Brandon's POV

I have been sitting in an uncomfortable hospital chair, pulled up beside Callie's hospital bed for the past thirty- two hours. She's had almost a dozen flower bonquets delievered, sixteen get well balloons, twenty- two cards, and three of the loves of her life crying that they wanted their mother to wake up. Yet, she has no idea. She lies in her bed, nearly lifeless, as her heart begins to slow down. Her moniter begins to beep as I jump from my chair, and sliding down the hall call for a doctor. I am pushed out of the way as series of doctors rush into the room. Slowly I slip away, falling to the ground. I remember the first time she told me she loved me, the moment she told me she didn't truly want me, what she wanted, what she had always needed was a family. I remember the guilt I first felt when she ran into my arms when she had decided she was moving in with her father. The moment she told me she loved me. 

I awake to find Callie beside me, her fingers intertwined with mine. She is sleeping, her legs tucked into her chest as a book lies flatened on her lap. I take the book into my hands as shakily I read the title. Romeo and Juliet. I decide to softly wake up, as I lean over and brush her lips to mine. " Brandon?" She whispers, as her eyes brim with tears. 

She leans over and kisses my forehead, " Brandon." She says slowly as she wraps me into a hug, as she plants kisses on my cheek, " Brandon, don't ever scare me like that." 

" I'm sorry, I love you so much, Callie." I hesitate as I remember our fight- the fight that I had caused out of jealously, the fight I had started because I was not a good man, a good father, a good husband.

" Do you love me?" I whisper quietly as I turn my head. Callie reaches for my hand, as she places it on her heart, " You tell me." 

Callie's POV

Brandon smiles, as I take his face into my hands and kiss him quickly, " Stop asking stupid questions." Brandon grins as he says, " I have a question, it's not stupid, though."

" What is it, love?" I ask, mimicing Stef's favorite line.

" What happened?"

I take his hand into mine, " We got into a fight. You pulled out of the driveway, when a speeding car hit you head on. You had enternal bleeding and a collapsed lung." I say letting the words sink in as Brandon looks at me, concerned.

" Did I have surgery?" He asks as he checks to make sure he has all four limps intacked. 

I gently take his arm as I laugh, " You are okay. You got a new lung, and you're okay, I promise."

" Who gave me a new lung? Callie- " He begins as I turn my face the other away, not wanting him to feel as though he owes me anything.

" Callie!" He says as he sits up. "You could have died- Callie, no." He says as he looks at me, hurt.

" Brandon, I didn't mean to hurt you." Brandon looks at me, struggling to smile. 

" Thank you, you saved my life." Brandon says as he kisses my lips softly. " I love you."

I climb onto the hospital bed as I snuggle close to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

" Want to see my gnarly scar? I think it matches yours, I say as I pull his shirt up, revealing a small incesion scar, that slightly resembles a heart.

He tugs at the hem of my shirt gently as we have matching scars, " Who needs matching tattoos, when we have matching scars?" He says softly as he kisses my forehead.