Need you now

Brandon's POV

Did you know it only takes three seconds to black out, only three seconds to fall to the ground, only three seconds to lose everything? Jesus drops the phone without saying a word, before he sprints to the door. I grab him by the shoulder and pull him back, asking what is wrong.

" Mama and Callie were in an accident." He barely is able to mutter. " Mom just called, she's at the hospital. I'll drive, let's go." Jesus says as he pulls me outside of the door. As we pull up to the hospital doors, we scramble to find anyone. Finally, Jesus bumps into Zac who is nervously pacing around the hallways with a coffee filled to the brim, that is spilling everywhere. Zac shows us to where my mom and the rest of the family is sitting. This memory takes me back to when my mother almost died, and how lucky we had been. What if we weren't that lucky this time? I run into my mother's arms and begin to cry,

" Can I see her, Can I?" I ask anxiously.

" Love, they are both in surgery, soon, I promise." She says as she wipes the tears from my eyes, as I do the same to her.

Mariana runs up to me and begins to ball as she hugs me tightly. Jude is no where to be found, and a nurse is entertaining a clearly upset Carter.

After three hours, three cups of coffee, and three prayers later, the doctor finally comes back to us.

" May I speak with Stefanie Foster?" He asks, as my mother steps foward and talks to the doctor in private.

" They are both in stable condition." Through tears, she begins to smile and we all hug one another.

The doctor then says, " Brandon Foster?"

Surprised, I step foward as he asks me to follow him into the hallway.

" Callie is in stable condition, but I am so sorry to inform you that the fetus-your baby has died- Callie miscarried." He says as I begin to break down. I turn and begin to cry, ashamed to cry in front of this man that has saved Callie, yet was unable to save our child.

I have never felt as much pain, as I lost something that I never truly even had. Wiping my tears away, I ask, " Can I see Callie?" The doctor nods and gives me his condolences. 

Callie's POV

Brandon walks into the room, and takes me hand into his. He pulls up a chair and tries to smile for me. Yet, I can see his eyes are swollen as that he has cried recently.

" Brandon- is the baby-" I begin as Brandon slowly shakes his head. 

Brandon crawls into the bed beside me as we bond over the emptiness we feel, and will always feel. I cry the whole night, as Brandon tries to comfort me, but I know nothing will help ease the pain of the lose of her.