In Another World

Callie's POV

When I was little I used to lie awake and listen to my parent's petty arguments. They were always regarding my father's alchol addiction, or how my mother had been eying her new co-worker. I always half blamed them for my ability to stay awake at night. Brandon is the same way, sometimes I'll wake up to find him pacing around the room. He'll eventually crawl back into bed, and I'll snuggle close to him- but he seems to never be able to fall asleep. Brandon. I hear a noise from above me. Suddenly, I am out of my body, looking over at myself, lifeless in a hospital bed. 

" No." I murmer as I watch Brandon helplessly crawl next to me, his hand intertwined with mine, sobbing over my body. I walk over to Brandon, " Brandon, I'm right here." I say as Brandon leans over and kisses my forehead- the lifeless' me forehead. The realization that he cannot see me, it brings me to tears. 

" Brandon, baby, I'm right here." I scream, as he wraps his arm around my body's waist. Suddenly my mointer begins to flaten. Brandon cries out as a team of doctor's rush into the room, pulling Brandon away from me.

" She's my wife, I want to stay in here!" Brandon cries out as the doctors try to explain that the best thing for me, will be leaving. He reluctantly walks out of the door, banging his hand on the wall. I take his hand in mine, as rubs his hand over his face. I slowly begin to wipe his tears away, trying to comfort him, " Don't cry." I plead as Brandon drops to the floor, his back against the wall.