Love is Patient

Callie's POV

Saturday morning in the Foster's house were always a crazy time. Someone, usually Mariana was pouting around about how she was forever alone, while Jude always had Connor over to play video games, and Jesus, was usually trying to figure out a new way to workout. Brandon and I spent our Saturday mornings sitting in his room, writing new songs. This Saturday started off like any other Foster Saturday, until Mariana, a suitcase in one hand and holding Zac's other told us something no one had expected.

" I'm moving out." She said in a serious, non subtle way. Stef, who was making coffee instantly turned around, crossing her arms against her chest. Lena stopped cooking as she spoke first, " Mari, where do you plan to move to?" Before Mariana could respond, Stef coldy retailated against Mariana as she said, " For god sakes, you are barely eighteen years old!"

Mariana stepped foward, " And Brandon and Callie are nineteen, and they're getting married!"

" Please don't bring us into this." Brandon said, surrendering up his hands and quickly leaving the room, taking my hand gently and pulling me behind him.

" Brandon-wait." I say as I let go of his hand and walk back to where Mariana and Zac are fighting for their chance at being together.

I brush Mari's hair to the side as I say softly, " I know how you feel- you want to run away. You want to leave, you want to live on your own. I used to be just like you, I was scared and- I want you to stay. Because out there in the real world, you begin to realize you are nothing without your family. And Brandon and I- we love eachother. It's a love that is patient and kind. And I think- we should wait, just like you should wait, too." I say as Brandon's jaw begins to tighten. He leaves the room, walking up the stairs.

" Brandon." I say once, " Brandon." I repeat. With no response, I climb the stairs and find Brandon in his room.

" I meant what I said, I think we should wait. We have a whole lifetime to be together- why can't we just enjoy our youth." I say, taking his hand.

" Are you leaving me?" Brandon asks me quietly.

" Of course, not. I love you.  I just think we should wait." I say as I bend down and kiss his forehead.

" Love is patient, and I can be patient, for you." Brandon says kissing my hand.

Brandon's POV

I walk back downstairs hand in hand with Callie. Mariana and Zac are long gone, leaving a trail of broken hearts. My mother has her head in her hands as she begins to cry, while a comforting Lena wraps her arms around her and begins to cry into my mother's shoulder. Callie lets go of my hand and hugs them, asking what has happened.

" They won't be far. Oh please dont cry Mamas'." Callie says tearing up.

" She's moving to Arizona with him. They already paid for three months rent in an apartment near his father. She left- she left, just like that." Stef says sobbing.

" She couldn't have just, picked up and- left." I say quickly, stumbling over my words.

" She'll be back, they all always do." Callie says, as Marianna walks through the door. Running over to her, she sighs as she says, " I think, I'll stay around awhile. I would miss these California days too much." She said laughing, bringing smiles to everyone in the room.